cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Disputed. Deleted. Can it ever come back?

tag
samtom79
Valued Member

Disputed. Deleted. Can it ever come back?

I was happy to see a couple baddies be deleted on my Transunion report which I disputed just a few short days ago but I'm curious if there is anyway those exact baddies can ever make their way back on the report once deleted? Both were paid off for nearly a year however one of them was a joint baddie that still remains on my wife's report (pending dispute).

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

Re: Disputed. Deleted. Can it ever come back?

The deletion of information is not absolute.

If information is deleted by a CRA based on lack of verification of its accuracy in a dispute, then the lacking verification must be provided before the CRA can reinsert the deleted information.

That is done by way of a required certfification of accuracy, which must accompany any proposed reinsertionf of the info.

If teh CRA accepts the certification of accuracy, they may immediately reinsert, and send notice to the consumer within 5 days, advising them of the reinsertion.

As a practical matter, this is rarely done.

Message 2 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Another thing that can happen is that if a collection is deleted and the account is later sold to a different CA, they can re-report it.

Message 3 of 6
samtom79
Valued Member

But if PIF then account should not be sold right?

Message 4 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

@samtom79 wrote:

But if PIF then account should not be sold right?

Correct.

Message 5 of 6
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

If another debt collector obtains collection authority, either via assignment or sale, and the prior collection was deleted based on lack of verification of a dispute, the reinsertion provisions still apply to them.

Any party, and not just the party who previously reported and deleted based on the dispute, who requests reinsertion of the deleted info must first provide the required pre-certification of accuracy.

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.