Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Disputed Midland

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Disputed Midland

Hey Guys!!  I've been lurking forever and learning from everyone.  staed working on my credit back in mach. my equifax has went up 30 pts since. so thanks!!

now about this thorn in my side midland.  i disputed it with all three credit bureaus.  experian deleted it, transunion verified it and i have yet to hear from equifax.  i'm happy its gone off of experian but i really was expecting it to get removed from transunion if not anyone else.  my question is, can i send a copy of a printout to transunion from experian showing it was deleted to get it deleted? will this do anything?  midland is disgusting. really and truly.  any advice greatly appreciated. 
Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Disputed Midland

I have heard two veins of thought here... One is that the CRA are influenced by each other.  Somewhere some typed that whatever came off their TU suddenly came off their Eq.  Tthe other thought is that they are idependent entities each with their own calculation variables that determine what goes and what stays!  I am inclined to believe the latter.  I had something deleted by Ex on the phone, no questions asked, Equifax kept it but noted it "included in bankruptcy", I have another two weeks to see what TU does.  My telling Eq that this had been deleted from Ex. made no difference to them. 

Congratulations on disputing Midland.  Were you past the SOL?  They are a thorn in my life as well.  I still do not know what to do with them.  Looks like I have to suck it all up with them for another 4 years and hope they do not try to sue.
Message 2 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

creditrite08 wrote:
can i send a copy of a printout to transunion from experian showing it was deleted to get it deleted? 

TU, EX, EQ are competitors. They work for the companies who pay to report to them, not for the consumers.

They don't care what the other does. If one can verify, then they'll leave it b/c that is in the best interest of their customers.
Message 3 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

when i look at all three of my reports experian and transunion are more similar to me.  they have alot of things on it thats not on equifax.  thats why i thought transunion would have deleted it too. 

stats for midland with experian were:
date opened:6/06
date of status:11/05
reported since:10/05
last reported:12/07
recent balance: 1308

transunion were:
date opened: n/a
date assigned: 6/06
last reported: 2/08
recent balance: 1320

equifax:
date opened: n/a
current status:n/a
date of 1st delinquency: 10/05
date reported: 10/07
date of last activity: n/a
recent balance: 1320

do you think that since i didnt dispute all on the same day they may have ran out of time for experian but had a chance to dig up my info. before the deadline for transunion?! my husband looked at me like i was crazy but i was serious. 
Message 4 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

I will find out in a couple of weeks.  Now that I think of it, they are pretty similar on mine too in terms of a horrendous number of reporting of my student loans.  Pages of it.  We are talking loans over a 20 year span that were consolidated into one loan 4 years ago.  Equifax is the only one that reports just the one loan.  The other two report about 16 of them, some of them negatively.  It has been a beast to try to fight! 
Message 5 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

i too have alot of my student loans on there and I consolidated them back in 2004. I would think that there would just be one loan on there now. it's so confusing to me.
Message 6 of 10
dragnldy
Regular Contributor

Honestly, I've seen where I've disputed with one CRA and have shown disputes on one of the others pop up for that account.  I actually think what happens isn't so much that the CRAs are "sharing" information, but that when the creditor gets the dispute from one CRA, the creditor lists the account with the others as disputed until they have a chance to check it.  That is for the ones who actually investigate their disputes, anyway.
Ficos
3/7/08 TU-646 EQ-640 EX-650
3/17/09 TU-678 EQ 666
3/20/12 TU- 760 EQ 785
Util almost 0 and baddies all gone! now to gardening!
Message 7 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

so why do you guys think they didnt verify it for experian but did verify transunion?

whats the likelihood of them verifying equifax?  i hope they dont.  i'll deal with it on the transunion. i have no choice I guess.  But after the equifax investigation, i may try debt validation.  the original creditor isnt even on my report anymore(its been 8 yrs)
Message 8 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

4/22 UPDATE!!!

Midland got deleted from Experian and Equifax. Waiting on Transunion!!
Message 9 of 10
Changingmantra
Established Contributor

Great for you!  I am still trying to decide what to do as I am still in SOL.

AKa
RecoveringmyLife
*Note to self* Remember why and for how long you had to rebuild in the first place! One Day at a Time, One Day at a Time!
Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.