Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Disputed an INQ, now the OC wants my Signature

tag
PayYouNever
Frequent Contributor

Disputed an INQ, now the OC wants my Signature

A few weeks ago I sent four requests to have a few inquires removed. And one of the companies sent me back several forms where the Company wants me to sign something in order for them to "continue the investigation."

Now this is a crock of sh*t, right? But the only thing is, this company isn't a CA. Do they really need my signature to recode or delete an INQ?
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Disputed an INQ, now the OC wants my Signature

Never send a Sig.  Tell them to send YOU a sig.  It has been known in unscrupulous circles for a sig to be copied onto an original document.

What lender is this first?

What do they need you to sign to continue an investigation?  It either is or isn't.  I it th CRA that wants you to sign someting or the OC (original creditor)?  If the CRA (credit reportng agency) is requiring a signature, I would ask what for.  Could they be setting you up to say you are trying to defraud the credit reporting agencies?  Are they legit or invalid inquiies?
Message 2 of 4
PayYouNever
Frequent Contributor

It's from some place called SafeRent that apparently did an INQ when I wasn't even looking for a new apartment. I never even asked for credit or asked to have my credit pulled for an apartment credit check.

I'll send them a letter demanding to know why they want a signature and to send me it on company letterhead with the CEO or President's name and signature.
Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

I most definitely would not send them a sig.  Tell them point blank that you were not looking for an apartment at that time and did not submit an app.  Have you been living at the same place since before that?  I would also ask if they have any rentals in my name and if so where?  Heck pick up the phone.  I wuld call anddemand to speak to smeone and ask why they were running my credit and if they have rented under my social I would demad a letter from THEM stating that I am not renting whatever property they inq on.  I would go on to state that under the FCRA, since I was not looking for arental property, that their nquiry into my credit file is illegal.  1000.00 per incident.

Message Edited by Brammy on 12-13-2007 07:44 PM
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.