Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Disputed and they verify, NOW WHAT?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Disputed and they verify, NOW WHAT?

I have a few accounts I am disputing. I am still waiting to hear from the original creditors but so I know what to do next I want to know if I dispute an item and they say it is valid, what then? SPECIFICALLY do they have any requirement to provide proof that they are reporting accurate information, or is it as simple as "they say it so it is true"?

One was not a joint account, belonged to my exwife only but is showing up as mine(she might well have forged my name on it I dont know)... And one was a vehicle loan they say had one late payment yet I have cancelled checks showing on time payments) If you dispute an item.

So, bottom line is, do they (the CRA or the creditor) have to prove their information is accurate?

Jim
Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Disputed and they verify, NOW WHAT?

Sounds like you have done the right thing by contacting the OC's to get this corrected.  When they update their system the chances of them reporting the correct information back to the CRA increases.

The OC is "required to report accuate"
The CRA's will report what ever the OC (their customer) tells them too.

Jimbo696969 wrote:
I have a few accounts I am disputing. I am still waiting to hear from the original creditors but so I know what to do next I want to know if I dispute an item and they say it is valid, what then? SPECIFICALLY do they have any requirement to provide proof that they are reporting accurate information, or is it as simple as "they say it so it is true"?

One was not a joint account, belonged to my exwife only but is showing up as mine(she might well have forged my name on it I dont know)... And one was a vehicle loan they say had one late payment yet I have cancelled checks showing on time payments) If you dispute an item.

So, bottom line is, do they (the CRA or the creditor) have to prove their information is accurate?

Jim

Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.