Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Disputed and won, but really lost.

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Disputed and won, but really lost.

About a month ago, I made an online dispute with Equifax .  My foreclosure from Wells Fargo was listed as "open," and I thought this is wrong so I better dispute it.  That was before I was paying close attention here about the difference between an open or closed installment loan...  

Anyways, so wells fargo fixed it.  My report now shows that mortgage as closed.  And I got a nice 14pt drop.  So, word to the wise, leave it alone if it is benefiting you..lololol.  On the bright side, my scores are now closer to being consitant accross all 3 CRA's.  I still have 1 old good account that only reported to equifax, so it will always have a slight boost until it falls off. 

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
RonM21
Valued Contributor

Re: Disputed and won, but really lost.

There are always learning experiences that come with using the dispute process. Just about everyone goes through this. I know I did lol.

Total CL: $321.7kUTL: 2%AAoA: 7.0yrsBaddies: 0Other: Lease, Loan, *No Mortgage, All Inq's from Jun '20 Car Shopping

BoA-55k | NFCU-45k | AMEX-42k | DISC-40.6k | PENFED-38.4k | LOWES-35k | ALLIANT-25k | CITI-15.7k | BARCLAYS-15k | CHASE-10k

Message 2 of 4
takeshi74
Senior Contributor

Don't just obsess over the numbers and ensure that your reports are correct.  It is covered in many threads that closing your only open installment will lead to such a scoring drop.  Don't overlook existing discussions as a resource.

Message 3 of 4
DoroLucky
Valued Contributor

We need a how micromanage your credit 101 guide lol. Anyway CONGRATS Op or not lol
TCL= $172,800
6-7-16: EQ 683 EX 713 TU 715
10-12-16 EQ 685 EX 706 TU 702 12-19-16 EQ 683 EX 704 TU 701 and CHILLING ON ICE...BRRRRR!
In the garden as of 6-7-16, I've been really really BADDDDD Smiley Sad Smiley Sad

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.