cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Disputed at one CRA, removed from another?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Disputed at one CRA, removed from another?

I recently disputed a derogatory account via the Experian online dispute system. I didn't realize at the time that the other CRAs had online dispute systems, and I was feeling a bit too lazy to write a paper letter. I discovered today that they removed the item.

Feeling empowered by this, I did a little bit of googling, and discovered that TransUnion and Equifax also have online systems. Off I went to the TransUnion online system, only to discover that the item had already been removed from that report (perhaps accounting for the lion's share of a 46 point score increase in the last 2 weeks).

So...is there any way that a dispute at Experian could result in a removal of an item from at TransUnion? The item still appears on the Equifax report, and having found the online dispute system, I disputed it.

Thanks, all.
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Disputed at one CRA, removed from another?

Once before I sent the dispute result letter from Experian to Transuion or Equifax about a TL and it was deleted...I stated that the account was investigated by Experian and proven not to be mine...I don't know if they did their own investigation and found it not to be mine or used the letter I sent....It won't hurt to try....
Message 2 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

No, I already have a mysterious disappearance of the account on TransUnion. I didn't dispute it with them, but it's gone.
Message 3 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Oh...well I don't know....Experian is not so helpful with disputes for me...if it was already investigated before the won't even investigate again...they just send a letter stating it was already investigated.....but if you say on Transunion it wasn't even on there...did you dispute it and was removed...or was it never on there....
Message 4 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Let me reiterate.

The item appeared on all three reports. I disputed with Experian. After success there, I decided to dispute with the other two, but it is now gone from TransUnion, so there's nothing to dispute (and there's quite a score jump there, too).
Message 5 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Well that's good...Is it still on Equifax?......If not maybe the CA pulled out from all three when it couldn't validate...one less dispute for you...But if you do get a letter from Experian with the results...try to use that with Equifax...
Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.