cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Disputed in Jan w/ CB didn't know about a DV, now what?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Disputed in Jan w/ CB didn't know about a DV, now what?

I know the 30 day limit for a DV has been mentioned relentlessly in this forum, but I did not even know you could do a DV, I didn't even know anything about it at all, that it even existed.

So, when I found a collection account on my report in January, 2007 disputed it with Experian, only to get a reply back that is was verified.

But that is all I received, nothing stating who the OC was or any information on it at all, only that it was verify that is was mine.

Is there something else I can do now that it has been so long? Would I be able to do a DV now? Would I do that with the CB or with the CA?  Or should I just try a PFD with the CA?

BTW, this forum is AWESOME! I have learned SO much!
Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Disputed in Jan w/ CB didn't know about a DV, now what?

kmm72471 wrote:
I know the 30 day limit for a DV has been mentioned relentlessly in this forum, but I did not even know you could do a DV, I didn't even know anything about it at all, that it even existed.

So, when I found a collection account on my report in January, 2007 disputed it with Experian, only to get a reply back that is was verified.

But that is all I received, nothing stating who the OC was or any information on it at all, only that it was verify that is was mine.

Is there something else I can do now that it has been so long? Would I be able to do a DV now? Would I do that with the CB or with the CA?  Or should I just try a PFD with the CA?

BTW, this forum is AWESOME! I have learned SO much!

Yes you can DV....keep in mind your SOL.....if not past be ready to pay!
Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.