cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Disputed medical account, how long do they have?

tag
ngerasimatos
Valued Contributor

Disputed medical account, how long do they have?

I have a medical collection on my account from 2004 that I believe is fraudulent. I sent the company a DV and they sent me back an itemized listing of what they "claim" I owe. I then sent them proof that I have had my identity compromised.

I figured I would call today to check on the status of things and they informed me they have requested paperwork from the hospital, I believe he stated it was a new patient registration form. They are waiting on the form to confirm signatures, if the signatures do not match then they will delete the item.

He did say that it can take "some time" to get the paperwork due to requesting medical records, he said sometimes it can take 45 dyas or longer. How long do they have to validate? I thought it was 30 days from he date they got my DV paperwork, but I want to make sure.

Try not to become a man of success but rather to become a man of value
Albert Einstein 1879 - 1955

800+ Club
Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Disputed medical account, how long do they have?

OK  you are dealing with a CA........I hope that you didn't give your signiture!!!!!!!

If you sent them a DV   they must answer it within 30 days or stop all collections!!!!! 

The statement that they sent you MUST be on the hospital letterhead!!!  IT can not be just printed out on their pc!!!

You should never talk to a CA!!!!  never sign any letter to a CA!!!!!

The 45 days that they they state is BS!!!!!!!!!!

If they signed for the DV on 2/7/2008   they have 30 days from that date ONLY!!!!!!

If on day 31 you have not heard from them  dispute it with all CRAs that are reporting as * NOT MINE*

There is also a follow up letter to send the CA if needed.

Message Edited by HappyDays on 03-07-2008 04:21 PM
Message 2 of 7
ngerasimatos
Valued Contributor

I did sign the paperwork, I am not worried about giving them my sig since the debt is not mine.

800+ Club
Message 3 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

ngerasimatos wrote:
I did sign the paperwork, I am not worried about giving them my sig since the debt is not mine.

Do you realize how easy it is to copy and scan your signature onto a form saying you owe?

Never sign your name to anything going to a CA.
Message 4 of 7
ngerasimatos
Valued Contributor

If they copied and scanned my sig onto paperwork, I took them to court and they could NOT produce the original document things would be VERY BAD for them

800+ Club
Message 5 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Does anyone out here know at all if a CA file a lawsuit on say, January 2, 2008 and the SOL expires before the Civil court hearing with a Judge on July 2, 2008. Example: the SOL expires May 2, 2008. Can I still ask the court to dismiss the lawsuit because the SOL expired before the Court Hearing date?
Message 6 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

jaccimancini wrote:
 Can I still ask the court to dismiss the lawsuit because the SOL expired before the Court Hearing date?

You can ask, but answer be No. They filed BEFORE it was up.
Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.