Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Disputes/Next Step

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Disputes/Next Step

ARGHHHHH.  I need to vent.  I disputed information on all three bureaus. Some of the information that I disputed was corrected and reflected appropriately.  But, some of the information is still incorrect.  I tried to dispute online with experian and they won't dispute it, saying it was already disputed!!!!!!!.  Yeah, but it's wrong.  So what do I do now?  Write to them?  How do I assure that the information will be looked at again, because it is definately not right.  I even have letters from the OC's indicating the corrected information.  If I send all this in writing, along with copies of the OC letters, do you think they'll actually investigate or just throw my stuff in the trash?  This is so frustrating.  Any suggestions?Smiley Mad
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
MidnightVoice
Super Contributor

Re: Disputes/Next Step

dazednconfused wrote:
 I tried to dispute online with experian and they won't dispute it, saying it was already disputed!!!!!!!. 

I got that one.  I find Experian a real, real pain.  I have given up, as the item in wuestion will age off in 9 months.
The slide from grace is really more like gliding
And I've found the trick is not to stop the sliding
But to find a graceful way of staying slid
Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Unfortunately, this won't age off for 2 more years, but is it so wrong, wrong, wrong.  It's a student loan account which is current and has always been current, however, it was sold from one lender to the next.  The lender that sold it keeps reporting it [3 separate entries] and is reporting it as a charge off [on all three entries].  When I called the original lender they said they have no records [sure].  So I called the lender it was sold to and they confirm the one account that is reporting correctly and agreed that the other accounts were the same, but since they are not reporting it [from their institution] that they can't update because another lender is reporting it, even though the informaion is not accurate. So I disputed with the credit bureaus, who said that they verified it [I have no idea how, because the original lender claims they have no record] and now won't let me dispute.  It is so frustrating....Smiley Mad
Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

If the OC is telling you that they have no record of it then that would mean that the CRA couldn't possibly have verified its accuracy.  Either the OC is giving you the runaround or the CRA didn't properly verify and aren't they supposed to completely verify the accuracy if there is a dispute?  I thought I read somewhere that they are taking some heat for not properly handling disputes.
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.