Senior Contributor
Noah_Bodie
Frequent Contributor
jaguls66

Re: Disputes Question

well, is this worth bothering with. I am not in a super rush, not trying to buy a house or a car in the next few weeks. Just let it sort itself out? Or call and pursue?
Senior Contributor
Noah_Bodie

[ Edited ]
Reporting as in dispute is not supposed to affect one's FICOs, but even if it did (and FICO says not so I supposed we have to believe it :smileywink: ) it would only be temporary.

The CRA is in violation for not reporting it, in some way, as in dispute.
  1. Dispute via CMRRR.
  2. Watch for the RRR green card.
  3. Check your CRs and call the CRA if it ain't reported as disputed.
  4. If you're using TC, you could call TC corporate as they seem to be fairly on top of their game.

Message Edited by Noah_Bodie on 07-05-2007 03:30 PM
Moderator Emeritus
Tuscani

There are some things FICO will not calculate while a TL is in dispute. Does that mean you should dispute in hopes of increasing your score? NO! This could easily backfire. 

Collections and public records do not apply and are never exempt while in dispute. :smileyhappy:
Frequent Contributor
jaguls66

Tuscani wrote:
There are some things FICO will not calculate while a TL is in dispute. Does that mean you should dispute in hopes of increasing your score? NO! This could easily backfire. 

Collections and public records do not apply and are never exempt while in dispute. :smileyhappy:

I was not and am not trying to artifically inflate my scores, just wondering if my reports should be showing disputed TL, Coll, and such as such. Guess I just will not sweat it, and wait to see if the changes are made in the required 30+5 days. Thanks all

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+