Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Disputes Question

No, I'd say they did.
Message 11 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

well, is this worth bothering with. I am not in a super rush, not trying to buy a house or a car in the next few weeks. Just let it sort itself out? Or call and pursue?
Message 12 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

Reporting as in dispute is not supposed to affect one's FICOs, but even if it did (and FICO says not so I supposed we have to believe it Smiley Wink ) it would only be temporary.

The CRA is in violation for not reporting it, in some way, as in dispute.
  1. Dispute via CMRRR.
  2. Watch for the RRR green card.
  3. Check your CRs and call the CRA if it ain't reported as disputed.
  4. If you're using TC, you could call TC corporate as they seem to be fairly on top of their game.

Message Edited by Noah_Bodie on 07-05-2007 03:30 PM
Message 13 of 15
Tuscani
Moderator Emeritus

There are some things FICO will not calculate while a TL is in dispute. Does that mean you should dispute in hopes of increasing your score? NO! This could easily backfire. 

Collections and public records do not apply and are never exempt while in dispute. Smiley Happy
Message 14 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Tuscani wrote:
There are some things FICO will not calculate while a TL is in dispute. Does that mean you should dispute in hopes of increasing your score? NO! This could easily backfire. 

Collections and public records do not apply and are never exempt while in dispute. Smiley Happy

I was not and am not trying to artifically inflate my scores, just wondering if my reports should be showing disputed TL, Coll, and such as such. Guess I just will not sweat it, and wait to see if the changes are made in the required 30+5 days. Thanks all
Message 15 of 15
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.