Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Disputes

tag
modernsurrender
Established Contributor

Disputes

I got my DV letter to Associated Receivable back today.  Return to sender, not deliverable as addressed unable to forward stamped on it, and on the USPS website they're marked as moved with no fowarding address.

To get the collection associate with them deleted (it's already gone from EX because of a regular dispute I'd filed before even sending the DV) I need to send...?  A letter explaining a DV was mailed to the address showing on my CR and it was undelivarable so I'm asking for deletion for invalid contact info reporting?  And then a copy of the Receipt, the greencard, the printout from the post office, and the front of the letter for good measure?

I'm also going to dispute a paid off derog account from the DoE it was paid Feb 1st, and still has only updated with 1 of the 3 CRA's and that was on 2/18.  I have a letter stating basically that "This letter is to show that the debt is paid in full but not to show that the account will be deleted."  Should I just plain vanilla dispute it and leave the CRA to update it as paid/delete it if they're so inclined, or should I dispute it with a copy of the letter that says not to delete the account?

Thanks again!
Start 2/2008: TU 495 || EX 539 || EQ 528
Now 5/2013: TU 716 || EX ??? || EQ 702

Slate: $5000 Simplicity: $5000 David's Bridal: $3500 SW Chase: $3000 FNBO: $3000 Barclay NFL: $2500 BofA: $2400 Discover IT: $1700 Walmart: $1500 Victoria's Secret: $1000 Cap1: $750 Amex Zync: NPSL
(2 derogs to go until I'm squeaky clean in 2014!)
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
tryingtogetitrightnow
Regular Contributor

Re: Disputes

@modernsurrender wrote:
I got my DV letter to Associated Receivable back today. Return to sender, not deliverable as addressed unable to forward stamped on it, and on the USPS website they're marked as moved with no fowarding address.
To get the collection associate with them deleted (it's already gone from EX because of a regular dispute I'd filed before even sending the DV) I need to send...? A letter explaining a DV was mailed to the address showing on my CR and it was undelivarable so I'm asking for deletion for invalid contact info reporting? And then a copy of the Receipt, the greencard, the printout from the post office, and the front of the letter for good measure?

I sent all of that to the CRA's on Wednesday since I DV'd the CA and it came back the same as you listed. On Friday, I got a phone call (let it go to vm) from the CA. They left a message saying that they need to talk to me because some new information has become available regarding my account and it looks like I am disputing this account with the Credit Reporting Agencies.

I don't understand how the CRA's got ahold of the CA if I couldn't.

Starting Scores:10/09/13 EX ???; EQ 661; TU 668
Current Scores: 11/23/13 EX 655; EQ 679; TU 705
Goal Scores:700+ for all
Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 2 of 4
modernsurrender
Established Contributor

I was previously under the impression that if the address that shows on your reports isn't valid that they have to delete the account... maybe I miss read.  I'm hoping that I don't get that same phone call Trying, one thing on my side is that the collection was already deleted by EX on the 29th so I'm assuming that they couldn't get ahold of the CA either.  *crosses fingers*

I'll probably fax everything in on Monday, I'm too broke to CMRRR 3 disputes and another DV (from a different post I made).  If everything doesn't update as being disputed a week after that I'll CMRRR it all in the following week.

Good luck with your CA Trying Smiley Sad hopefully it will work out for you!

Start 2/2008: TU 495 || EX 539 || EQ 528
Now 5/2013: TU 716 || EX ??? || EQ 702

Slate: $5000 Simplicity: $5000 David's Bridal: $3500 SW Chase: $3000 FNBO: $3000 Barclay NFL: $2500 BofA: $2400 Discover IT: $1700 Walmart: $1500 Victoria's Secret: $1000 Cap1: $750 Amex Zync: NPSL
(2 derogs to go until I'm squeaky clean in 2014!)
Message 3 of 4
ngerasimatos
Valued Contributor

I wish it was true that if the address listed on your CR is different than the CA actual address the CRA's would delete the account. But that doesn't seem to be the case from my understanding.
Try not to become a man of success but rather to become a man of value
Albert Einstein 1879 - 1955

800+ Club
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.