Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Disputing Credit Items.

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Disputing Credit Items.

What is the best route to take? Disputing On-line? Or Disputing in writing? Or Disputing over the phone? The reason I ask is...I'm going to dispute these two negative Items on my credit report...in which I just paid a few days ago.. My logic is...now that they have theyre money...the creditors could care less...and simply wont invest their time in researching to counter-dispute my claim.. So to do this...should I dispute online, via writing, or via phone to credit bureaus? Thanks again in advance
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Disputing Credit Items.

ATLien wrote:
What is the best route to take? Disputing On-line? Or Disputing in writing? Or Disputing over the phone? The reason I ask is...I'm going to dispute these two negative Items on my credit report...in which I just paid a few days ago.. My logic is...now that they have theyre money...the creditors could care less...and simply wont invest their time in researching to counter-dispute my claim.. So to do this...should I dispute online, via writing, or via phone to credit bureaus? Thanks again in advance

Okay when you dispute anything with the credit bureaus, they never actually TALK to the creditor.  They simply link up to their files and verify electronically.  You can attempt the dispute, but with such a recent payoff, it will probably come back verified. When you made payment, did you ask for pay for delete? If you did, and they refused, I would give it a little time and try to weasel out some good will if possible.

Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

don't be to sure....most will change report to read PAID and update to new report date
Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

please help

I need the site to go to   for disputing collections on not my account on the internet
if you possible have that  site....I  would greatly appriecate it.....
I once seen some on it and they were able to go along with there credit report and just  check
off not my account on each creditor and then it would take like 30 days and if there was no respond from your creditor they would delete it off your credit report....
are you familiar with a site like this???
thanks
lasvegasoper
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.