cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Disputing Credit- deleted on two verified on one???

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Disputing Credit- deleted on two verified on one???

Hi,
I have disputed a couple inaccurate collection accounts with all three bureaus- I was thinking it was going well- two of the bureaus deleted the items- however I just got an online response from Experian that they have verified the collections and the info will remain??
Can I dispute the same items again?? Maybe they did not really investigate??
I was thinking maybe I would have better luck disputing the items by mail??
Can anyone offer any advice?
How could it be that two bureaus dispute the items and one would verify??
Thank you,
Michelle

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Disputing Credit- deleted on two verified on one???

The same thing happened to me.  Equifax took duplicated items off & Experian sent me a letter back saying they were verified.  The problem was not that they were not mine.  These debts were paid back in 2001, the problem was that one of them showed up twice and another one showed up three times.  They had the same account #, the same amount, & the same creditor reporting.  They were just on my report as separate debts.  I don't know how to get them off to only show on my EX report only once.  I could use some advice as well.
Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

CRAs have different methods of validating information... It is part of the game. If the information is inaccurate continue to dispute.

Rob
Message 4 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Michelle wrote:
Hi,
I have disputed a couple inaccurate collection accounts with all three bureaus- I was thinking it was going well- two of the bureaus deleted the items- however I just got an online response from Experian that they have verified the collections and the info will remain??
Can I dispute the same items again?? Maybe they did not really investigate??
I was thinking maybe I would have better luck disputing the items by mail??
Can anyone offer any advice?
How could it be that two bureaus dispute the items and one would verify??
Thank you,
Michelle

This is why its total bs that bad or wrong info will stay on your report for 7-10 years yet Michael Vick will be out of jail in less then 1.
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.