Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Disputing Items

tag
hpertrain
Regular Contributor

Disputing Items

I know this is addressed somewhere in these forums, but can someone point me in the right

direction.   How does one actually go about disputing items and what is the best way to go 

about it?

Thanks in advance.

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Disputing Items

I've done mine online through Credit Karma or the Experian app. The hand written letters are a thing of the past. And Google disputing items.

Message 2 of 6
hpertrain
Regular Contributor

Thanks!

Message 3 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

I've done mine online through Credit Karma or the Experian app. The hand written letters are a thing of the past. And Google disputing items.

My issue is that some of the dispute sites have me blocked and you have to actually call them to figure out what is wrong (stupid messed up file)

Message 4 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

@hpertrain wrote:

I know this is addressed somewhere in these forums, but can someone point me in the right

direction.   How does one actually go about disputing items and what is the best way to go 

about it?

Thanks in advance.

TransUnion

https://dispute.transunion.com/dp/dispute/landingPage.jsp

Equifax

https://www.equifax.com/personal/disputes

Experian

http://www.experian.com/disputes/main.html

You can also use Credit Karma to start a dispute.

Message 5 of 6
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

You have the option of either filing your dispute with a CRA and let them do the referral to the furnisher for their investigation, or filing a direct dispute with the furnisher, thus bypassing any involvment of the CRA in the investigation of the dispute.  The furnisher must repond directly to the consumer if they receive a direct dispute.

If you have documentation to support your dispute, or have arguments that you wish to ensure are received by the furnisher and thus considered in their investigation, use of the direct dispute process ensures that the furnisher will receive all documentation and arguments.  It avoids any issue of the CRA not forwarding all information to the furnisher in their reinvestigation of your dispute.

I would first make the determination of which dispute process you wish to use.

After that, you must make sure to identify a specific inaccuracy in the reported information that you wish to dispute, and include all documentation and arguments supporting your assertion that the disputed information is inaccurate.  Any dispute that does not identify a specific inaccuracy can be dismissed without any requirment to investigate.

What is your asserted inaccuracy, and what is your basis for supporting your assertion?

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.