cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Disputing collections item with the FTC?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Disputing collections item with the FTC?

Last year, I discovered an error in my credit reports (a hospital co-pay that had been send to a collections agency) and I have been working to get it removed. After many, many conversations with the hospital and documentation from my health insurance company which showed the amount I owed was $48.75 (which I paid) the hospital contacted the CA and reported a zero balance. The presence of the collection account on my bureaus -- even with a zero balance -- dang near killed my FICO score, dropping it by over 100 points on average. I sent documentation to the CA via UPS (for proof of delivery) and it's been nearly a month without a peep. No notification that the item has been removed/deleted from my credit burea reports. When I posted late last year about this issue, forum members suggested filing a complaint against the CA with the Federal Trade Commision. I checked the Frequently Requested Threads link, but couldn't find any info on this process. Could anyone suggest how to start? I'm considering sending a letter to the general counsel (attorney) for the hospital to have them recall this account from the CA. In my opion, their sloppy billing caused this mess. Thanks, everyone, for your advice!
Message 1 of 1
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.