Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Disputing items on credit report

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Disputing items on credit report

I was trying to find the best website that you guys could recommend to receive a free credit report that will also allow me to dispute items that appear on the report.

Thank you.

Message 1 of 16
15 REPLIES 15
MarineVietVet
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Disputing items on credit report

@Anonymous wrote:

I was trying to find the best website that you guys could recommend to receive a free credit report that will also allow me to dispute items that appear on the report.

Thank you.

Hello and welcome.

You can get one free report once a year from each CRA at annualcreditreport.com. But remember that you should only dispute items that you truly feel are inaccurate.

Message 2 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you

Message 3 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

Would items that have gone beyond the 7 year window be considered for dispute in your opinion?

Message 4 of 16
MarineVietVet
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:

Would items that have gone beyond the 7 year window be considered for dispute in your opinion?

Yes. If you can prove that something is reporting longer than the law allows then a dispute is called for.

What are you talking about? Late payments? Collections? Liens? Bankruptcies?

Message 5 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

specifically,a vehicle repoed in 2004

Message 6 of 16
MarineVietVet
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:

specifically,a vehicle repoed in 2004

I see. I would definitely pull all three of my reports and go over each of them carefully looking for any errors. It's unlikely that the information will exactly match across all three so don't be surprised by that.

Message 7 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

thanks again, will do that.Smiley Happy

Message 8 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

ahhh, one last thing. Will i be able to dispute the items online through the website you mentioned?

Message 9 of 16
MarineVietVet
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:

ahhh, one last thing. Will i be able to dispute the items online through the website you mentioned?

Once you go to the CRA's through annualcreditreport.com you'll see the procedure each CRA requires for disputing.

Message 10 of 16
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.