Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Disputing with Transunion

tag
Schoolbuskid
Valued Contributor

Disputing with Transunion

Has anyone had trouble submitting a dispute with TU lately? I logged in and tried disputing but the button that say "submit dispute" is no longer there. Whats up with that?

Rebuilding and Reducing Debt, is my game plan.
Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
TravellingNomad
Established Contributor

Re: Disputing with Transunion

i was able to submit a dispute about some personal information yesterday.  it worked fine for me.  in fact i got an email response today saying the dispute has been completed.

Message 2 of 10
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

I am curious as to why you are even disputing through a CRA, rather than availing yourself of the new direct dispute process?

Disputes through the CRA unnecessarily involve their meddling and administrative shortcomings, not the least of which is their dubious use of their E-Oscar automated dispute process, which usually results in drastic sanitation of your documentation.

What are you disputing?

Message 3 of 10
niko18

I have always had good luck getting things resolved through online means.  Every single dispute I have made was online with all 3 CRA's and have been responded to all of them in a timely manner.

Starting Score: 604
Current Score: 600
Goal Score: 700

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

Message 4 of 10
Schoolbuskid
Valued Contributor

Actually I'm not trying to dispute I am just trying to check my report also known as back door... Which could be the reason why I no longer have the dispute button there.
Message 5 of 10
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

It's been out for a while for me too (and DW too), SBK. They are on to us! Smiley Surprised

Message 6 of 10
Schoolbuskid
Valued Contributor

Yea llecs thats the only reason i can think of...Smiley Mad

They finally catching on...

Message 7 of 10
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

My point regarding disputing through a CRA was not directed primarily at receiving timely response, it was directed more towards the shabby procedures used by the CRAs in conduction their "reinvestigations."  Their use of the automated e-Oscar process almost always santitzes your dispute to a code number, and your accompanying documentation in support of your dispute is usually not forwarded to the party who reported the disputed information.  Thus, their whole "reinvestigation" process is flawed.

That is one of the very reasons why the direct dispute process was implemented..... to enable the consumer to forward all information regarding the dispute directly to the party who reported the disputed information, ensuring they receive it and consider it in their investigation.

Message 8 of 10
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

@RobertEG wrote:

My point regarding disputing through a CRA was not directed primarily at receiving timely response, it was directed more towards the shabby procedures used by the CRAs in conduction their "reinvestigations."  Their use of the automated e-Oscar process almost always santitzes your dispute to a code number, and your accompanying documentation in support of your dispute is usually not forwarded to the party who reported the disputed information.  Thus, their whole "reinvestigation" process is flawed.

That is one of the very reasons why the direct dispute process was implemented..... to enable the consumer to forward all information regarding the dispute directly to the party who reported the disputed information, ensuring they receive it and consider it in their investigation.

We know...IMO, disputing via the CRAs is the last thing you'd ever want to do if something is reporting inaccurately.

Schoolbuskid was talking about a glitch of sorts with TU. If you wanted your full report with TU, you could always go to annualcreditreport and get the free one. However, if you used your free one for the year and didn't want to pay the $10 or $11  for a new FULL report from TU, you could still get it for free. You'd initiate a dispute, without following through, and they'd give you a free report. However, looks like they did away with it. I pulled my full report once every quarter and tried a couple weeks ago. The link for the free report via the dispute method is gone. We ruined it for everyone else. Smiley Wink

Message 9 of 10
Schoolbuskid
Valued Contributor

Hate to say llecs but i believe we did...shoot! 

I guess i'll keep my CCT account active now...

Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.