Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Do $0 balance cards still report?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Do $0 balance cards still report?

I've got a question, i just opened 2 new cards, and if i leave them at a 0 balance when the statement cuts will they still report to the credit bureaus each month?

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
GoldSorata
Established Contributor

Re: Do $0 balance cards still report?

Depends on the creditor. What cards are they?

Message 2 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

capital one, and opensky visa

Message 3 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Good question. I would like an answer as well and I havent used my jcpenny card in a while. Or a few others

Message 4 of 6
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

Most yes, Synchrony no.  Maybe some others don't that I'm not aware of yet.

Chase / Amex / BOFA (FIA) all report $0 on my own reports and update correctly, so do USAA / DCU.  My Walmart is my outlier card, despise Synchrony's reporting practices.

Look at a report even on CK, they list the last activity / last updated date for both TU and EX: if it's been several months since yours last updated then that's an indication they won't report a flatlined balance.

If you're in the early stages of building, I wouldn't worry about maintaining a $0 balance on reports anyway... like at all Smiley Happy.  Get "clean" when you transition to your second set of cards or other tradelines, but show the world you're using them.

        
Message 5 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

I got my open sky visa in march, never used it once and it reports every month, zero balance. 

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.