Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Do DV's ALWAYS take 2 or 3 certified replys

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Do DV's ALWAYS take 2 or 3 certified replys

Ok, next question. I have sent out DV's to 6 different CA's using template letters from these forums. Every single one has been sent back with really vague information. One didn't even have my name(or any name) on it. Is this normal? I have sent out the 2nd letters demanding a copy of a contract SIGNED by me. This is what they must give me right? Equidata, Argent, NCO all of them have done this. Any ideas???

peace
Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Do DV's ALWAYS take 2 or 3 certified replys

Bump

Anyone else have this happen to them
Message 2 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

I sent out round one about 15days ago so I can't really tell you.  What I can tell you is that I disputed online with the cras at the same time that I DV'd them, I got a report back from experian saying that NCO had been deleted.  Im not sure if it was the DV or just the dispute online.
Message 3 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

sdwoodworker wrote:
Ok, next question. I have sent out DV's to 6 different CA's using template letters from these forums. Every single one has been sent back with really vague information. One didn't even have my name(or any name) on it. Is this normal? I have sent out the 2nd letters demanding a copy of a contract SIGNED by me. This is what they must give me right? Equidata, Argent, NCO all of them have done this. Any ideas???

peace

Where did you send the one for Argent?  I have a medical collection with them and sent a DV letter to their Miami office.  I received the green card back, but nothing else yet.
Message 4 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

I sent the Argent DV to Miami also. it took 13 days to get the return receipt back
Message 5 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

sdwoodworker wrote:
I sent the Argent DV to Miami also. it took 13 days to get the return receipt back

Have you received anything else from them yet?
Message 6 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

no responce from argent yet....the clock is ticking....the longer they take the better the chance it will be taken of my CR
Message 7 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

You send 1 DV and if it isn't answered within 30 days they must stop all collections!!!  There is a follow up letter if they do not respond.

They do not HAVE to send you a signed doc.....if there never was one!  BUT if there was one signed  they must send it to you.  They must send...name address & phone# of orig. OC and amount. If they are collecting for a CC....they can get complete account history.

I ask for all this info. because if they have lost anything & can't prove that it is mine...they must stop reporting!

Also never screw with a CA if not past SOL!

Message Edited by HappyDays on 10-17-2007 09:07 PM
Message 8 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks HappyDays   ....... So are you saying that the burden of proof is 100% on the CA? If they ask for personal info like a SS# do I have to give it to them?
thank you again
Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.