cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Do GW letters work for Mortgage companies???

tag
danikasmom
Regular Contributor

Do GW letters work for Mortgage companies???

My hubby has a 30 day late on his mortgage from April of last year.  The catch is, that when I tried to call and pay it before the 30 days, their phone systems were down for 3 days because they were changing their whole system!!!  I don't really feel that it is our fault for this, although it WAS that we were late in the first place.  Should I write the GW letter or how should I go about this?  We want to refi in Feb or March because a friend of mine has a mortgage company and says that the rates will be way down then. 

I can't tell you how much help I have received on this board!!!  I am becoming obsessed and I haven't even printed my other GW letter because my kid busted my printer yesterday!!!!!  hahaha
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
fishbjc
Senior Contributor

Re: Do GW letters work for Mortgage companies???

I think you should go ahead and try it.  You don't have anything to lose other than a stamp.

It's been my experience that you need 12 months of on-time payments for either a new mortgage or a re-fi.  We had one late mortgage payment due to a lost check & that bank refused a new loan for us even though we had 18 years of on-time payments. 
Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Do GW letters work for Mortgage companies???

I have tried with Option One and GMAC didnt have no luck however worth trying you never know----I dont have the comnpanies anymore so not sure why they didnt give me any love Smiley Happy --GW are always worth the try though
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.