cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Do I have a decent chance at this car loan?

tag
bekah

Do I have a decent chance at this car loan?

Of course the credit union that I applied at pulled my lowest score of TU (598) and asked me about my bills and such........I'm only asking for a car loan between 1-3000 dollars......What are my chances of getting the car loan?
Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Do I have a decent chance at this car loan?

bekah wrote:
Of course the credit union that I applied at pulled my lowest score of TU (598) and asked me about my bills and such........I'm only asking for a car loan between 1-3000 dollars......What are my chances of getting the car loan?

It depends.  Do you have a job?  If so how long have you been there?  What's your income?  (You don't have to state it here; that's a question the CU will ask and that's the only reason I put it there.)  Yes, you have a low CS but have you turned things around and started paying bills down/lower UTI?  These are just some questions to ask yourself and your CU will/might ask you.  Your Fico Score doesn't automatically get you or deny you for credit/loan; it helps tell the lender if you will be a good or poor credit risk and determines your interest rates. 

Now if you've been paying your bills on time, lowered CC debt (if any), have a steady job (6 months is good but a year plus is better) and can afford the car within your monthly expenses then I wouldn't worry too much about the car loan.  If you do worry then explain your situation to the CU and they should work with you even in these tightened credit markets.
Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.