Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Do I have credit score now?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Do I have credit score now?

Hi,

I moved to the US not long time ago, my oldest credit card account was opened on 10/26/2014.
As I understand after 6 months I should have a FICO score that lenderes can see. I can see this on experiandata.com:

http://imgur.com/SKRa2I4

They says that this is a FICO8 score:

http://i.imgur.com/HjMN7Dp.png

Is this means I have a FICO score now? I would like to buy a car. Will the lenders see my scores?

Thanks,

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Do I have credit score now?

Message 2 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi vavhab, I moved to the US on October 19. Yes, we have scores now!
Message 3 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Well.. You should have a score after April 26, whenever the first card reports. I guess I opened my first card a few months earlier before I left Canada.

Six months from your first card open date but some bureaus record open date as the 1st of the month no matter what actual day so those should now have a score for you.

I would wait another month before counting on it..
Message 4 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi vavhab,

Could you please keep us updated as to when you manage to get a real FICO score?

I arrived in the US in September 2014 and opened my first US credit card on 18th November 2014 so am 1 month behind you and am wondering when it will be possible to buy some FICO scores from myfico.

Good luck when you get your score!

Message 5 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

I went to a credit union today, and they pulled my credit report from EX. My score is 730, and I got approved for a motorcycle loan, APR is 3.99%. Smiley Happy

So I dont really get it, experian says the score on their site is a FICO score, and I get a 730 from a credit union... however I read about different scores, there are autoloan scores, mortage score etc.

Creditcarma says my score is 698TU and 702EQ, but these are vantage scores...

Im affraid its almost impossible to get a real score unless you apply for credit, which is a hard inq. on your credit report...

Message 6 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats.

I applied for a mortgage loan after being in the US for 3 months and the lender was told by the CRAs that I didn't have a score.

So my next plan is to wait 6 months after opening my first secured US credit card before trying to buy FICO scores from myfico. That shouldn't be a hard inquiry.

Message 7 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

I open my first CC in the mid of October - so it is about a week till 6 month of credit history, but at 1st April I checked Chase pre-qual page and got preapproval for Slate and Freedom cards - there were no any offers just a day before. It looks like if you open CC at the last day of a month - you got formally 'one month credit history' just on the next day.

Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.