Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Do You Think CreditKarma is Still Safe?

tag
indiolatino61
Valued Contributor

Do You Think CreditKarma is Still Safe?

Hello all...as you all know, CreditKarma has changed its UI and is now a once-weekly puller, which is still better than all the other once-monthly sites. However, does anyone feel that the new account linking is still safe? Every time I log on and see that pause where CK accesses all my accounts makes me a little nervous. Am I just being paranoid? Is anyone thinking of canceling CK because of these changes? Thank you for your input and help.

photo Logo - Credit Card Collection - Data Inclusive_zpskiw5xfjj.jpg photo emerald_zpsfitcxbh5.jpg
Message 1 of 12
11 REPLIES 11
enharu
Super Contributor

Re: Do You Think CreditKarma is Still Safe?

Just don't input your other account info and password into it. I wouldn't recommend anyone to do that either
JPMorgan Palladium (100k), AmEx Platinum (NPSL), AmEx SPG (46k), AmEx BCP (42k), Chase Sapphire Preferred (47k), Citi Prestige (31k), Citi Thank You Preferred (27k), Citi Executive AAdvantage (25k), JPMorgan Ritz-Carlton (21k), Merrill+ (15k), US Bank Cash+ (22.5k), Wells Fargo (12k), Bloomingdale’s (12.4k), Chase Freedom (5k), Discover IT (5k).
Message 2 of 12
Cadillac-XTS
Established Contributor

+1

Message 3 of 12
Matt6995
Regular Contributor

I have not and will not provide them with that info.

This has been brought up before on this site and one response that I recall was "they have everything else, why are you worried?" My response is this would be yet another way for a POS crook to capture your information and wipe you out.

Message 4 of 12
myjourney
Super Contributor

I certainly wont be storing any personal info on there site so yes safe without that

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Message 5 of 12
nfs_mw
New Contributor

Just don't link your accounts. You will be fine

Message 6 of 12
LS2982
Mega Contributor

Its useless to me with once a week pulls now. I'll stick with my AMEX CMS.

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 7 of 12
indiolatino61
Valued Contributor

@Matt6995 wrote:

I have not and will not provide them with that info.

This has been brought up before on this site and one response that I recall was "they have everything else, why are you worried?" My response is this would be yet another way for a POS crook to capture your information and wipe you out.

That is exactly my worry...just another alleyway for criminal activity. Thanks for your reply.

photo Logo - Credit Card Collection - Data Inclusive_zpskiw5xfjj.jpg photo emerald_zpsfitcxbh5.jpg
Message 8 of 12
Themanwhocan
Senior Contributor

I don't see my CreditKarma account updating at all in over a month. I used to press the update button, and all it did was update the last update time... Yesterday they switched me to the new interface, but still no change.

I applied for and received a credit card, and had various cards post their statements in the past 1+ month. Still no change in the score, no change in the credit card utilization, and it still doesn't say I have a new credit card. So, seems like its broken to me.

Then again, since its never updated, I'd have to say its working the same as always...

TU-8: 804 EX-8: 805 EQ-8: 788 EX-98: 767 EQ-04: 752    
TU-9 Bankcard: 837 EQ-9: 823 EX-9 Bankcard: 837
Total $443,800
Message 9 of 12
RSCo
Established Contributor

@indiolatino61 wrote:

Hello all...as you all know, CreditKarma has changed its UI and is now a once-weekly puller, which is still better than all the other once-monthly sites. However, does anyone feel that the new account linking is still safe? Every time I log on and see that pause where CK accesses all my accounts makes me a little nervous. Am I just being paranoid? Is anyone thinking of canceling CK because of these changes? Thank you for your input and help.

As an engineering director for a very large software engineering firm, I WOULD NOT TRUST MY PERSONAL acct data with them in terms of linking your accounts UNTIL they exit their LIVE BETA TEST phase.  The new site has some serious software bugs and their decision to go live - albeit - in a BETA phase with so many bugs makes me question just how well they are following industry best practices in terms of software change management and internet security protocols..  Just my opinion.  I'm only speaking from a personal perspective based on the issues I see with my account with them - and that's limited to their pulling data back from Transunion. I have not given them any of my personal data..  I'm pretty shocked, given the extreme sensitivity with consumer account userid and passwords, that they would chose to operate in a LIVE beta phase..  Good luck..

$30,500$18,500NPSL$15,000$10,000$25,000$32,000
Message 10 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.