Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Do aging late payments help my score

tag
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Do aging late payments help my score

On your reported balances you have too much reporting for the CL of that card, no more than 9% of an individual cards limit should report, $150 would be okay on your 2500 CU Visa.

Message 11 of 15
SCYD
Regular Contributor

I don't have Walmart, Discover or Barclay. Where can I get an accurate Transunion score?
BK 7 DC'd 10/2010
Scores (03/17/16): EQ: 704 / TU: 725 / EX: 694 / Cap1 QS1: 6.5K / CU: 7.5K /
JC Penney: 10K/ Chevron: 4K / Target: 500 / Macy's 17.2K/ NFCU Sig. Visa Cash Reward:22K / NFCU Flagship 22K/NavChk:15K / NavChk:7.5K(joint)/WF Plat:15K / WF Propel Amex:5K/DIscover 10K/USAA Visa 14K/USAA Amex 14K/Nordstrom 10K/TJ MAxx 10K/BP Visa 6.5K
Message 12 of 15
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

For a BK that's coming up on 4 years, that sounds like a low score honestly on EQ.

Time heals all wounds: as various derogatories age (BK, lates, tax lien, whatever) their impact is less over time: this appears to be especially true under FICO '08 which seems to focus on more recent history.  There are a bunch of people on this forum that got caught up with financial issues in the 2008-2010 timeframe (I was one of them) that have recovered to substantially higher than a 617.

I would suggest posting a more complete listing of your various tradelines if you're willing (don't forget your installment history, if you don't have any, go get a small secured loan which'll help), there might be some other tweaks or other things which can be done to raise score in the near term; additionally might be able to do some further things from information in the Rebuilding forum.  Also I may be missing something but did you list the C1 card as a Charge Off with that CO notation?

        
Message 13 of 15
SCYD
Regular Contributor

I posted my credit cards above.   By the end of the 20th of this month, Chevron will be reporting 9% utilization. No charge off's.  I do have a significant mortgage that was re-affirmed, and has been paid on time, paid down approximately $20,000.00 since bankruptcy, but lender refuses to report.

Recently I got a car loan for $13,000.00 (late April 2014) at which time the lender pulled Equifax and my score was 630 (with about a total of  $1,500.00 balance on the credit cards), however, I had pulled my Fico score a few days before the lender, score was 604, nothing really changed in those days, so I'm not sure why their score is higher.

The two capital one cards I did not get until late 2011.  The JC Penney and Target I got late 2013 and the Chevron and Credit Union I got this year.  Credit Union I applied for $1,000.00 limit and they offered me $2,500.00 (I have a long standing relationship with them and did not burn them when I filed Bankruptcy.  They were willing to work with me, which the other providers were not).

As for inquiries.  I have a total of 12.  Only 1 from this year, 2 duplicates which I am working on disputing and the 2 or 3 which will fall off in the next couple of months and the rest are from mid to late 2013.  (A total of 5 of these are from opening checking/savingsbank accounts).

To answer you question why my score is so low, I really didn't start working on my credit until recently (within the last month or so).

I just recently received a credit limit increase on all the cards, so it will be a few months before I can request another.

Looking to get a car finance late December, early January, need a score of 660 to get the rate I want.  Income is not an issue and Debt to income ratio is not an issue.  Just need the score or within a few points from it.

Not sure what I could tweak.

BK 7 DC'd 10/2010
JC Penney: 10K/ Chevron: 4K / Target: 500 / Macy's 17.2K/ NFCU Sig. Visa Cash Reward:22K / NFCU Flagship 22K/NavChk:15K / NavChk:7.5K(joint)/WF Plat:15K / WF Propel Amex:5K/DIscover 10K/USAA Visa 14K/USAA Amex 14K/Nordstrom 10K/TJ MAxx 10K/BP Visa 6.5K
Message 14 of 15
SCYD
Regular Contributor

**Update**

After many, many, many letters and many, many, many phone calls I fnally got my mortgage company to report the mortgage as "paid as agreed" and report timely payments and show the new amount owed.

I received a SW update today which reflected all this information.  I was very surprised.

My Equifax score went from 617 to 639 Smiley Happy

BK 7 DC'd 10/2010
Message 15 of 15
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.