cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Do bad things happen to good people?

tag
MattH
Senior Contributor

Re: Do bad things happen to good people?

@MidnightVoice wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:
We lost almost everything and had a BK and Foreclosure due to $500,000 in medical bills for our child....I hope it was not because I was a bad person. Bad things happen to good people....and then there are those 1 or 2 that are just ignorant when it comes to finances....I like to believe that most of us on these boards are from the first group.
Mare than half the BKs in the USA are due to medical bills.  In Europe the number is zero  Smiley Very Happy 

Yes, we pay a very high cost for the lack of national health insurance.  Another hidden cost from not having single-payer medical care is our very high rate of lawsuits; a major major major driver of such is the need of injured people to find "deep pockets" for their medical expenses.  In most developed countries there are far fewer lawsuits because injured people don't have to pay their medical bills.

TU 791 02/11/2013, EQ 800 1/29/2011 , EX Plus FAKO 812, EX Vantage Score 955 3/19/2010 wife's EQ 9/23/2009 803
EX always was my highest when we could pull all three
Always remember: big print giveth, small print taketh away
If you dunno what tanstaafl means you must Google it
Message 11 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.