cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Do hard pulls show up on credit report immediately?

Do hard pulls show up on credit report immediately?

When people do several apps in a short period of time, how long before the pulls are visible to new apps? 

7/17: EX 750, TU 741, EQ 716
AAoA = 12.7yrs (Exp), 13.6 years (TU/Eq)

Message 1 of 12
11 REPLIES
Established Contributor

Re: Do hard pulls show up on credit report immediately?

Mine popped up the day after and the day after that.

Depends on what service you use.

I use CCT and they are usually quicker than MyFico
Message 2 of 12
Community Leader
Super Contributor

It depends on the company you applied with.  Some show up immediately and some don't until a few days.  

Message 3 of 12
Established Contributor

For me, HP's have generally shown up within one to several days of their being made.

Ch 7 BK discharged 12/14, well along in rebuilding credit. FICO 12/1/17:TU 663/EX 697/EQ 688 FICO 8 (Aug 2017) or 680 FICO 9 (Penfed Sep 2017), VS 3.0 12/1/17: TU 699/EX 687/EQ 693. $33.2K revolving credit as of 11/7/17; $951 Cap One secured Platinum MC, $2000 Apple FCU Platinum Visa, $3500 Amazon Prime Store Card, $3500 Walmart Store Card, $3500 Cap One Quicksilver MC, $4000 Care Credit, $4300 Overstock Store Card, $4500 Discover It, $7000 Penfed Power Cash Rewards Visa, $10k PenFed used car loan, $5k Navient student loan. In the garden again from 10/26/17 for at least the next 3 months unless I get a really really good preapproval.
Message 4 of 12
Super Contributor

Yes agree with everyone, all depends on lender . Some can be super quick others lagging but usually there is nowhere for your report to hide from those little buggersSmiley Wink
Message 5 of 12
Contributor

AverageJoesCredit wrote:
Yes agree with everyone, all depends on lender . Some can be super quick others lagging but usually there is nowhere for your report to hide from those little buggersSmiley Wink

Question, do lenders have to report a hard pull?

Equifax - 644
TransUnion - 641
Experian - 639
Message 6 of 12
Established Contributor

I don't think lenders has anything to do with when HPs gets reported, it has to do with which CBs the lenders pull from.  EX and EQ has always been pretty much immediate for me, often within the same hour (I have subscriptions with all three CBs), TU on the other hand can take a few days to show up like everything else with TU.

Message 7 of 12
Established Contributor

Let me clarified my previous post, EX and EQ will send alerts immediately but the HP probably will not be added to their reports until they update at about 3AM every night.  In other words, multiple HPs within the same day (before 3AM) will not show up until the next day's report therefore the lenders might not know about each other's hard pulls.

Message 8 of 12
Established Contributor

oldman87 wrote:

I don't think lenders has anything to do with when HPs gets reported, it has to do with which CBs the lenders pull from.  EX and EQ has always been pretty much immediate for me, often within the same hour (I have subscriptions with all three CBs), TU on the other hand can take a few days to show up like everything else with TU.

I've gotten monitoring alerts from Cap1 CreditWise same day... Statements take a while to show up though.

TU FICO 8: 750 (11/17) — Ex FICO 8: 732 (12/17)
Message 9 of 12
Valued Contributor

CreditWise is TU

3/16 EX 644 CK-TU 642 CK-EQ 660 WalMart- 671.
>11/17 CCT EX 735 TU 807 EQ 716
You are only young once, but you can be immature forever
Message 10 of 12