cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Do not sign disputes? I have never heard of this?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Do not sign disputes? I have never heard of this?

Ok I have a question. I have been reading on several threads that when one disputes something to not sign it- just type your name.  Suggestion was that some Cred. coll. agencies are so low as to scan your sig.

Is this true? Is so, this is a new low.
Message 1 of 12
11 REPLIES 11
Tuscani
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Do not sign disputes? I have never heard of this?

Never send a CA your sig!
Message 2 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Could you ellaborate Tuscani?  I've heard that too and didn't sign the GW and PFD letters I sent out. Is there a legal reason or is it like the OP said, it's to prevent sig fraud?
Message 3 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Tuscani wrote:
Never send a CA your sig!

Unfortunately that advice is not included in the DV advice and discussions. I DV'd a JDB recently and did include my sig

Message Edited by Anderson on 08-25-2007 04:39 PM
Message 4 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

netpanther wrote:
Ok I have a question. I have been reading on several threads that when one disputes something to not sign it- just type your name.  Suggestion was that some Cred. coll. agencies are so low as to scan your sig.

Is this true? Is so, this is a new low.

I have an attorney gathering info. from me for a lawsuit against a CA. She called me laughing....she told me that I was the first person that she did not need to tell DO NOT SIGN YOUR NAME.
When you contact a CC , OC or CA, you are asking or demanding info. or something. For that you need not sign. Think of all the mailings that you get...most might have a name typed in but not signed!

In my DV letter to CA, I told them that as for validation I wanted all doc. with signiture & account history. It would be very easy  for them to copy my sig. & then copy it on any notice or paper.All with just a copy machine.

Your SS#  and signiture are very personal & can be used against you. I do not give my SS either.
I DO give SS# and I do sign for CRA though.But thats all!!
Message 5 of 12
golfmomfor3
New Contributor

Darn!  Have been signing all my disputes!  What is the story on this and does it affect the decision?
Message 6 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Wow. I am so suprised. I do not know why I really am suprised, but I guess I just thought because I felt badly about the two times I let a medical go to collections, and what was really the right thing to do regarding paying them, that I thought that collections people were not really bad people. that they were just trying to do their job.

But now that I hearing such strong renouncements from the people on this board to not sign stuff- I have to say I am totally rethinking collection agencies. I mean, I always knew they could be ruthless and take advantage of people who didn't know their rights- but I was thinking more along the lines of them calling people at work or leaving messages all day long on their ans. machines to drive them nuts. I know- I went through a period of that about 11 to 12 years ago. It was until I did some research I found out then that I could tell them not to call me, etc.

Wow.
Message 7 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

I totally signed one of my GW letters. But it was to Dept of Education in KY so hopefully that won't be the case. This is not a collections agency. Just a GW letter asking to remove the "one"  90 day late that keeps appearing as four because of the way they split up the loans.

Wow. Now I know better. Gosh- I am learning so much on this board.
Message 8 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

netpanther wrote:
I totally signed one of my GW letters. But it was to Dept of Education in KY so hopefully that won't be the case. This is not a collections agency. Just a GW letter asking to remove the "one"  90 day late that keeps appearing as four because of the way they split up the loans.

Wow. Now I know better. Gosh- I am learning so much on this board.

it is ok to sign GW letters,disputes with CRA BUT NEVER to a CA!!
Message 9 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

My sig was on a DV to the infamous CA  Portfolio Recovery.

Thinking of changing my name & sailing to Panama.

Message Edited by Anderson on 08-26-2007 01:54 PM
Message 10 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.