Valued Contributor
netpanther

Do not sign disputes? I have never heard of this?

Ok I have a question. I have been reading on several threads that when one disputes something to not sign it- just type your name.  Suggestion was that some Cred. coll. agencies are so low as to scan your sig.

Is this true? Is so, this is a new low.
Moderator Emeritus
Tuscani

Re: Do not sign disputes? I have never heard of this?

Never send a CA your sig!
New Contributor
uptomyneck

Could you ellaborate Tuscani?  I've heard that too and didn't sign the GW and PFD letters I sent out. Is there a legal reason or is it like the OP said, it's to prevent sig fraud?
Established Contributor
Anderson

[ Edited ]

Tuscani wrote:
Never send a CA your sig!

Unfortunately that advice is not included in the DV advice and discussions. I DV'd a JDB recently and did include my sig

Message Edited by Anderson on 08-25-2007 04:39 PM
Moderator Emeritus
HappyDays

netpanther wrote:
Ok I have a question. I have been reading on several threads that when one disputes something to not sign it- just type your name.  Suggestion was that some Cred. coll. agencies are so low as to scan your sig.

Is this true? Is so, this is a new low.

I have an attorney gathering info. from me for a lawsuit against a CA. She called me laughing....she told me that I was the first person that she did not need to tell DO NOT SIGN YOUR NAME.
When you contact a CC , OC or CA, you are asking or demanding info. or something. For that you need not sign. Think of all the mailings that you get...most might have a name typed in but not signed!

In my DV letter to CA, I told them that as for validation I wanted all doc. with signiture & account history. It would be very easy  for them to copy my sig. & then copy it on any notice or paper.All with just a copy machine.

Your SS#  and signiture are very personal & can be used against you. I do not give my SS either.
I DO give SS# and I do sign for CRA though.But thats all!!
New Contributor
golfmomfor3

Darn!  Have been signing all my disputes!  What is the story on this and does it affect the decision?
Valued Contributor
netpanther

Wow. I am so suprised. I do not know why I really am suprised, but I guess I just thought because I felt badly about the two times I let a medical go to collections, and what was really the right thing to do regarding paying them, that I thought that collections people were not really bad people. that they were just trying to do their job.

But now that I hearing such strong renouncements from the people on this board to not sign stuff- I have to say I am totally rethinking collection agencies. I mean, I always knew they could be ruthless and take advantage of people who didn't know their rights- but I was thinking more along the lines of them calling people at work or leaving messages all day long on their ans. machines to drive them nuts. I know- I went through a period of that about 11 to 12 years ago. It was until I did some research I found out then that I could tell them not to call me, etc.

Wow.
Valued Contributor
netpanther

I totally signed one of my GW letters. But it was to Dept of Education in KY so hopefully that won't be the case. This is not a collections agency. Just a GW letter asking to remove the "one"  90 day late that keeps appearing as four because of the way they split up the loans.

Wow. Now I know better. Gosh- I am learning so much on this board.
Moderator Emeritus
HappyDays

netpanther wrote:
I totally signed one of my GW letters. But it was to Dept of Education in KY so hopefully that won't be the case. This is not a collections agency. Just a GW letter asking to remove the "one"  90 day late that keeps appearing as four because of the way they split up the loans.

Wow. Now I know better. Gosh- I am learning so much on this board.

it is ok to sign GW letters,disputes with CRA BUT NEVER to a CA!!
Established Contributor
Anderson

[ Edited ]
My sig was on a DV to the infamous CA  Portfolio Recovery.

Thinking of changing my name & sailing to Panama.

Message Edited by Anderson on 08-26-2007 01:54 PM

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+
}