cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Do "hard" inquiries ever fall off before 2 years?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Do "hard" inquiries ever fall off before 2 years?

@Anonymous wrote:
you're not breaking any rules being viglent and paying attention, the problem is not yours and it's not hurting you. sorry, but this is a very taboo topic on myfico forums and if it drags on a mod will lock the thread in no time flat.

what exactly is the "very taboo topic"?
Message Edited by demed on 01-01-2009 09:00 PM
Message 21 of 23
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:
you're not breaking any rules being viglent and paying attention, the problem is not yours and it's not hurting you. sorry, but this is a very taboo topic on myfico forums and if it drags on a mod will lock the thread in no time flat.

what exactly is the "very taboo topic"?
Message Edited by demed on 01-01-2009 09:00 PM

I believe imducky may be referring to the following that I copied from another thread.  

This was posted by sidewinder: 

"If the inquiries are legit( you authorized them) then you can not have them removed. Discussion of such would get this thread locked and/or removed."

However, Scott's not asking about removing legit inquiries, he was asking about inquiries that should have still been on his CR's, but weren't.  And he was concerned if there was now a problem with his reports and if he should be concerned.  My guess, just a guess, is that imducky was wrong, because if Scott was asking to remove legit inquiries, the mods that replied to the thread would have locked the thread.  But he wasn't, and I don't think, think, there was anything wrong with his question.

Message Edited by woopah on 01-02-2009 05:12 PM
Message 22 of 23
Anonymous
Not applicable

What imducky was speaking of is a particular reason that can cause inquiries to fall off before 2 years.

This particular reason can not be discussed, and it should be left at that.

However, there are other reasons that inquiries fall off. Sometimes the CRA just removes them for whatever reason.

FCRA only requires them to be there for 1 year, so as long as that is met, then all is well.

I am now going to lock the thread before this does go any further, as the OP has had his questioned answered and I see this thread as finished.

Message 23 of 23
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.