Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Do soft Inquiries fall off as well

tag
Takunda1
Established Contributor

Do soft Inquiries fall off as well

Just curious if soft inqs fall off after two years as well. If not, if I asked the CRA to delete all my soft inq to make my file smaller is that something that they would do, or is there some law against that as well?
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Do soft Inquiries fall off as well

No one except you and the CRA can see soft inqs. They are just a hidden record of who and when looked at your credit file. I love my softies. I pull my CR just to see who was checking me out. Softies are so completely ignored. I do not believe the CRAs will remove them. Believe it or not, many softies can even be good!

Why would you want to make your CR file smaller. I have maybe 120-200 soft inqs on my profiles.
Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Requests Viewed Only By You

According to the Fair Credit Reporting Act, credit grantors listed in this section had a permissible purpose to review your information, although the requests listed in this section do not display to them. When a request for your information is made, it will display on your credit report for two years.

We report these requests only to you as a record of those who reviewed your information, and we do not include any of these requests on credit reports to others.

@Takunda1 wrote:
Just curious if soft inqs fall off after two years as well. If not, if I asked the CRA to delete all my soft inq to make my file smaller is that something that they would do, or is there some law against that as well?

Message 3 of 5
SmartCookie
Valued Contributor

You can opt out too http://www.ftc.gov/privacy/protect.shtm#Credit but I know that's not really the issue.  I'm the same way though, I don't like 'clutter' even if it's just text.  Note, this will only stop promotional INQs.

Edit: add'l info

Message Edited by SmartCookie on 09-29-2007 08:23 PM
EQ 787 EX 781 TU 737 11/17/07 *** I am not an attorney. If I was, I might not clip coupons. If you want legal advice, consult an attorney. If you want my personal opinion, feel free to consider my posts***
Message 4 of 5
rezultsbydebi
Valued Member

good to know
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.