cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Do the three credit agencies consider goodwill letters?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Do the three credit agencies consider goodwill letters?

I have something negative on my credit which is due to come off in March 08.  If I write a goodwll letter to the credit agencies will they consider removing it in February.  I will be going to closing on my house and I need a better score.  I think removing this negative item will help.
Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Do the three credit agencies consider goodwill letters?

not sure however I have wrote one before and got a judgment removed since it was only reporting to one bureau
Message 2 of 7
jj15
New Contributor

Who did you write it to? The one CA that was reporting it? What did you say in the letter? Thanks!
01/05/08 EQ 598 TU 612 Experian 599
01/25/08 EQ 605 TU 620 Experian 599
08/04/08 EQ 658 TU??? Experian 635
Message 3 of 7
roshan
Contributor

hi

i have the same question.

Where i need to send GW letter???
To the credit agencies???????????
or
to the company who reported on my credit report??

let me know

Thank you
Message 4 of 7
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

Hi, everyone --all our new people need to read Credit Scoring 101 ASAP! See the link up at the top of this board.

The OP has a unique issue, where an old derogatory is due to drop off, and OP is wondering if the CRA's (credit bureaus) would be willing to stop reporting it one month early. (My guess is no, they are not usually helpful on this.)

You can try the CA or whoever is reporting the debt, but frankly, I would not mess with anything this close to the 7-year fall off. There are all sorts of really awful sleeping dragons that just should not be awakened.

In general, there is no point in asking CRA's for any favors. They will just tell you that they report what the creditor sends them. One exception would be if the derog is supposed to have stopped reporting, but it's still showing up.

Again, everyone, please read Credit Scoring 101. This is not an area where one question and one answer will fix everything.
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 5 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Mines was a judgement only reporting on Equifax and I wrote them to the credit reporting address--however this was something included in BK but was reporting separately---it was removed though and wasnt a big impact on my scores---so I guess sometimes it doesnt matter--however I like the fact of seeing it gone !!!!
Message 6 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hauling is right -- please read the intro thread.  Don't confuse (a) disputing information on your CRs with the CRAs, and (b) sending GWs to OCs and CAs.
Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.