cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Do you monitor your under-age kids reports?

tag
awdsmama
Established Contributor

Do you monitor your under-age kids reports?

Do any of you monitor your minor childrens credit reports?

Never dawned on me to do it really but just got to thinking about it.  Mixups with SSNs could happen to anyone.....

Fico: 701 (5/22/14) 682 (5/9/2014)
Discover IT $5,200 / CU Visa $1,000 / JC Penny$3,000
App Free since 2/2013
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
starry1
Valued Contributor

Re: Do you monitor your under-age kids reports?

I do because my ex has used their socials before to get utilities, credit, etc. Weird, I've been monitoring their credit for years, but never looked at mine until a few months ago. I just had my reports frozen when the ex was trying to ruin my credit as revenge for divorcing him.

Starting Score: 11/29/12 TU 527; EQ 565; EX 564 fako - bk7 dc'd 2/15/13
Current Score: 1/22/15 TU 645; EQ 605; EX 633 New goal 675
Cap1 sec $1k (SD) / Fingerhut $2k / Flagship $12k / cashRewards $12k / NavChek $15k / Amazon $2k / Von Maur $1k / Firestone $2.2k / BCU $3k / NFL $1k / QS1 $750 / Target $400 / PPSC $800 / Conoco $700 (last app 09/29/14)
Message 2 of 4
QAMngrGirl
Frequent Contributor

I have (2) children 12 & my oldest is of age now, but up until then they had security freezes due to family related identity theft. I have never pulled them though.

Message 3 of 4
InvincibleSummer3
Established Contributor

Yes. Yearly.

My son is a Jr., and there are some potential identity fraud issues with his dad. And my daughter had cancer, and somehow medical bills would occasionally be listed under her SSN instead of mine.

It's a bit of a pain (well, TU's not so bad as you can do it all online; EQ & EX require paperwork to be sent in though) but it's worth my peace of mind.

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.