cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Do you think my score will change if......

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Do you think my score will change if......

Hey guys,    long time reader, 1st time poster.    I have been using Fako scores for a long time and finally decided to get my actual fico scores and wow, what a difference... for the worst!!

My scores are   TU 527   EQ 552  EX 548.

I have a mortgage past due of 10K (will explain further below), 3 credit cards with $0 balance, and is an authorized user on my parents CC which has a 16K limit, 15K bal. and a gas bill paid every month on time.   Had lot of late payments in the past, but very few the past 7 months or so (not incuding mortgage).  Anyways, I was thinking about this and wanted to see what you guys think.

To make a long story short on the mortgage payment, we are waiting for the mortgage company to finialize a workout loan for us. In the meantime, we are not suppose to make any payments, but as each month goes by, the CRs are showing us later, and out past due bal keeps getting bigger.  as of right now, it's 10K

Do you think getting rid of 10K past due payment and being current on this payment would raise my score any?

Even though I am a AU on my parents CC, with it being just about maxed out, it's hurting my credit even though there hasn't been a late payment on the account for over 10 years.   If i remove my self as a AU and get that off my CR, will my score go up at all?  I think that is killing my ratio as it counting it as a balance in my CRs.

Any guesses as to what changes would be made to my score for either one?   I am doing both of the seperate to see if either or both or one will make a difference.

Any comments would be great!

Allen
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Do you think my score will change if......

It is really hard to guess how much a score will change.

You are going to lose age when the AU card is removed unless you have other accounts that old.

However, when FICO 08 takes effect, that card will no longer be used in scoring anyhow. But yes the util is hurting you.

As for the mortgage, if they are working out a new plan with you and have told you not to be making the payments, ask them to remove all the lates. Will you have a completely new loan or just a modification of this one? If a new one, maybe they'll just remove the line. I am unsure if the amount past due has any effect on score, or it is just the fact that it is late that affects the score.

Lates stop hurting as much after 2 years.

Do you have any public records, collections, etc?

Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

I still have my doubts Fico 08 will ever take effect, but who knows.   I believe being late in that many payments for my mortgage has got to be hurting me somehow.

I have 1 collection on TU and EQ.  I've tried to get the collection company to remove it, but they are not budging.  It has been paid off for 4 years now.

I did have a bankruptcy in 2000, but anything that has to do with it has been completely removed from my CR.

I have alot of accounts that are older then the CC so I'm not to worried about the age of my credit.

I will check with my mortgage to see if they will remove the lates.   It doesn't take 6 months to do a loan moditification.  I would think they would want to start getting some money.

Any other opinions?

Allen
Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thumpinbass wrote:
   I believe being late in that many payments for my mortgage has got to be hurting me somehow.

Yes it is hurting you being late that many times. The late notations are hurting. What I don't know is if the AMOUNT you are late is hurting or not.
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.