Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Does Anyone Know What this Means...

tag
Andy77
Valued Contributor

Does Anyone Know What this Means...

On my experian report...I disputed my BofA account saying that is should be deleted in April 08 since it was first late April 01....the credit reporting agency came back and said that it should fall off Oct 08..so I sent them a letter stating that it should be removed April 08...

Now my report reads..."Election of Remedy reported by Subscriber"..

I contacted Experian and they were not even sure what that meant...

Does anyone know what that means?

Message Edited by Andy77 on 03-09-2008 04:08 PM
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Does Anyone Know What this Means...

Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

i just had a problem with them about an inq that should have dropped 2/17.  I had to call EX and they removed 3/7/08.  Three or four people did not know that inqs only stay on 2 years,  one girl said they stay 7-10 years.    yikes!!!!!!!!!
Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Andy77 wrote:
On my experian report...I disputed my BofA account saying that is should be deleted in April 08 since it was first late April 01....the credit reporting agency came back and said that it should fall off Oct 08..so I sent them a letter stating that it should be removed April 08...

Now my report reads..."Election of Remedy reported by Subscriber"..

I contacted Experian and they were not even sure what that meant...

Does anyone know what that means?

The CRA is right.  FCRA says a derog account reports for 7 years from the end of the 180 day period that begins on the DOFD.  In English, the drop date is 7.5 years from DOFD, not 7 years.

Since DOFD was 04/2001, drop date will be:

04/2001 + 180 days + 7 years = 10/2008

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.