cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Does Cap1 use their credit tracker score to determine CLI durng SP?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Does Cap1 use their credit tracker score to determine CLI durng SP?

Well just like the header reads. Will cap1 use that silly credit tracker score to determine wether one will get a CLI or not?

Silly tracker would be silly Smiley Frustrated

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
CYBERSAM
Senior Contributor

Re: Does Cap1 use their credit tracker score to determine CLI durng SP?

@Anonymous wrote:

Well just like the header reads. Will cap1 use that silly credit tracker score to determine wether one will get a CLI or not?

Silly tracker would be silly Smiley Frustrated

NO lol, most of these scores are for entertainment purpose only!

Only the FICO scores are counted for business decision, however some banks like Chase like to use their own internal score from time to time, but if you recon for dispute it then they go with Fico score. I believe it has more to do with legality of it. They just don't want to take the responsibility internally.

Message 2 of 5
pipeguy
Senior Contributor

They do NOT - I've rec'd letters from Cap-1 concerning applications and CLI's and the score they quote on those letters are 70-80 points higher than their worthless tracker. 

For over a year their "tracker" has me at 680-684, CK has be at 755 to 780, FICO has me at 749 to 757 and even my lowest Fico using the "full all flavors" report has me at 730+.

Capital One might have a tracker, but they don't even use it its that useful Smiley LOL

Message 3 of 5
takeshi74
Senior Contributor

Nope.  No creditor uses the TransUnion New Account score which is what CO's Credit Tracker provides.   

@CYBERSAM wrote:

Only the FICO scores are counted for business decision, however some banks like Chase like to use their own internal score from time to time, but if you recon for dispute it then they go with Fico score.

Most creditors use one of the FICO models but not all do.

@pipeguy wrote:

For over a year their "tracker" has me at 680-684, CK has be at 755 to 780, FICO has me at 749 to 757 and evern my lowest Fico using the "full all flavors" report has me at 730+.

One should expect different models to product different results since they use different algorithms which evaluate report data differently.  You cannot use a score generated by one model to determine a score generated by another model.  All that applies whether FAKO or FICO.  Even FICO has a number of different scoring models used by creditors.  Definitely always consider the specific scoring model & CRA as well as relevance to a given creditor/product.  The only model/CRA combo that will be considered for a creditor/product is the one used.  Other models and CRA's are not relevant for the decision.

Message 4 of 5
pipeguy
Senior Contributor

I'm aware of the 58 flavors of Fico, let alone Vantage score and all that, my point was that the Capital One "tool" they don't even use and while my other scores and models go up and down - mostly up over the last year, Cap-1's toy has changed all of 1 point in the last 12 months (up) - it's worhless as a tool IMO.

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.