cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Does Experian and Transunion Update Info Differently Than Equifax?

tag
AdPray123
New Contributor

Does Experian and Transunion Update Info Differently Than Equifax?

Hi All,

I'm still new at this credit and rebuilding credit stuff. I am trying not to get fico crazy because it is getting expensive. Here is my short story..

In March, my credit scores were terrible. Around 520-540 on average. I kept doing what I could to keep up with late payments, getting balances down, etc. I checked in the beginning of October and my scores increased to:

EQ=577

TR=589

EX=584

Checked again at the end of OCT and only EQ raised a point to 578. Perhaps too soon I thought.

Checked again today because I wanted to make sure a company that I had a long ongoing issue with did not report me as promised and they didnt. Today, the only score that moved again was my EQ to 596. All the reporting info in all three files are the same for the most part. Could someone tell me why this is? I won't check again until January or so as to not stress myself out. Any input would be great Thanks again....

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Does Experian and Transunion Update Info Differently Than Equifax?

Two possible issues here:

1.)  You didn't have changes significant enough for the other bureaus to change their score.

2.)  They didn't report.  You can check the last reported date on each bureaus' accounts to see.

Message 2 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

adpray,

do you have a credit monitor service like TC? 

I use TC, where i can update every 24 hours, see all 3 CR's...then and only pull FICO when there are some dramatic chages to these reports i wil pull fico scores or else it can get too pricy..

Message 3 of 6
AdPray123
New Contributor

Thanks Leggo and MyMy,

I will look into the TC thing and also look at the reporting. I didnt consider that!

Message 4 of 6
Ledeen

what is TC?

Message 5 of 6
MarineVietVet
Moderator Emeritus

@Ledeen wrote:

what is TC?

Hi Ledeen,

You've resurrected a nearly 3 year old thread.  Smiley Happy

I believe the TC that is being discussed is TrueCredit.

From a BK years ago to:
EX - 3/11 pulled by lender- 835, EQ - 2/11-816, TU - 2/11-782

"Some people spend an entire lifetime wondering if they've made a difference. The Marines don't have that problem".

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.