cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Does Good Will Adjustment only work through Letter?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Does Good Will Adjustment only work through Letter?

I tried to remove a couple of late through the phone, and it didn't work, but I have done GoodWill adjustment  through the mail  before, but does it only work through the mail.?  They told me that they don't remove lates if was my fault they will only remove if it is an error on there part.  I never had this problem before. Does GoodWill adjustment still work? Thanks for any help. and what do I do If I already called them to remove the lates and they noted it on my file?  How do I remove it now?/ Any help would be appreciated

Message 1 of 15
14 REPLIES 14
lyssa29
New Contributor

Re: Does Good Will Adjustment only work through Letter?

I tried to get things done quickly once and called and begged every department, only to hear how there's a contract between lenders and the cras and they must uphold their intergrity and honesty by reporting accurate info.

I have sent a ton of letters too, but never had a gw removal.  I know it works though because so many people here have had success, but I don't think I've ever seen anyone removed by phone.

Anyone?

Message 2 of 15
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

GW's work, but some OCs/CAs can be stubborn.

Here's a good thread:

http://ficoforums.myfico.com/fico/board/message?board.id=rebuildingcredit&message.id=3088&query.id=2...

Message 3 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

thank you so much, I am not going to go through the phone again,  I have done it in the past and it worked but now it doesn't, thank you again.
Message 4 of 15
fishbjc
Senior Contributor

JC Penney deleted mine via telephone.

Dillards deleted via letter.

I emailed CapOne & they told me to mail my explanation in....still waiting and hoping. 

Message 5 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

Sears removed a late for me via phone.
Message 6 of 15
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

Shnapple wrote:
Sears removed a late for me via phone.

Seriously?? You must be magic! Who did you call, and how old was the late when you called?
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 7 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

This was last January for a late that was about 5 years old. I called and accidentally got transferred to the fraud department. I told the guy who answered the phone what I was asking for. He was like, "Well I have no idea why you got transferred here, but I removed it".

And BAM - it was off my next report, never to be seen again.

Message 8 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

I had a paid collection removed after 4 GW letters in the course of 7-8 months.

It was a Nextel account sent to RMS in 2005.

The letter I received from them on 11/08 promised to remove the negative reporting on all 3 CRAs.

Last Sunday, I received an alert from SW that my score had increased by 23 points. When I checked my credit reports, the collection was completely removed!

I think letters work better because the reader can see ALL your concerns in one page. You will also use vocabulary that you normally don't use in conversations. Letters are more sincere.

Over the phone, you may say a bunch of things but the listener will really hear what he or she wants. Your calls to them is like a telemarketer's calls to you. And, how many of them do you think will remember your name

after the call? Unless of course if they have your file in front of them.

Faxes, are bad because they come out looking dirty on the receiving end.

If you had already called them, remind them in the letter so they see how badly you want the negative reportings removed.

Message 9 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

Some companies like JC Penny, Dillards, Sears will work with you and others will not.  Chrysler Financial is one of the worst.  I am a second time Jeep owner and have only one payment left on a new Jeep Liberty I purchased in 2004.  I have called Chrysler Financial several times and the refuse under any circumstances to remove even one thirty day late off of my credit report.  This is their standard policy to not budge one bit. They say that it is fraud  and against the truth in lending act to give a Goodwill adjustment.  This is a lie.  Even if they did interpret the law that they can not change an entry to being on time there is nothing preventing them legally from giving no information on a particular month.  Rather than having a 30 day late on a month they can just put down NI or no information which would be a definite improvement on your report.  I asked Chrysler specifically it they could do this and they flat out refused.  This is a shame because I have been hearing a lot of radio ads for Chrysler (who is teamed up with Chase) claiming to help people with bad credit.  They may help you buy a car but they definitely won't help you to clean your credit.  So if you have lots of money and never anticipate being late I think Chrysler Financial will work fine for you.  However if you feel a little apprehensive in today's financial situation think twice before using Chrysler Financial.

Message 10 of 15
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.