cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Does MyFICO monitoring just sort of... stop... after awhile?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Does MyFICO monitoring just sort of... stop... after awhile?

I've been working on my credit since May. At first, I was ordering a ton of credit reports as I tried to hit the number I needed to qualify for my mortgage program. I noticed MyFICO was a bit slow to report changes but it still notified me when they occurred. But, I no longer am ordering reports and it's like my reports have just... frozen.

No credit card updates have posted to my accounts in a month even though my balances have changed. Experian just finished a dispute and removed a ton of stuff yet none of that has triggered an alert, either. This is really weird... my scores have been frozen for weeks now and none of my balance changes have reported like they did in the past. What's going on? Is this normal?

It's tempting to order a 3B to see what's going on but... that's $50 for no real reason.

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
luckelle
Regular Contributor

Re: Does MyFICO monitoring just sort of... stop... after awhile?

I am noticing the same. Myfico will even report a change weeks later than the none pay sites

Starting Score: 5/2012 TU 595, EQ 565, EX fako 547
Current Score:as of 9/2012, TU 626,Walmart 612, EQ 600, EX fako 623
Goal Score: 640 by dec 2013
BofA Au 13000, Amazon 600, Capt1 300, Walmart 150
When all else fails pay it!

Message 2 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Everyday that goes by I'm closer to canceling myfico. I haven't had an update on experian in over a month
Message 3 of 8
smoop88
Regular Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
Everyday that goes by I'm closer to canceling myfico. I haven't had an update on experian in over a month

I was stuck at 632 for about 4 months on experian. It was not until I had high balances that my score went up and updates occured. I actually wrote experian a letter and thats when the updates started rolling in on time. Currently, I pay down balances and lose 6-8 points ive never understood this.

Message 4 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Lol my experian just updated with a 113 point increase. A lot of stuff has happened since last update.
Message 5 of 8
takeshi74
Senior Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

No credit card updates have posted to my accounts in a month even though my balances have changed. Experian just finished a dispute and removed a ton of stuff yet none of that has triggered an alert, either. This is really weird... my scores have been frozen for weeks now and none of my balance changes have reported like they did in the past. What's going on? Is this normal? 

Make sure you understand what is and what isn't a trigger for myFICO.

http://myfico.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/463/~/understanding-what-triggers-fico%C2%AE-3-bureau-credit-monitoring-and-fico%C2%AE-identity

If you want fixed update intervals then myFICO is the wrong tool for the job.  Try another service that updates on a regular schedule.

@Anonymous wrote:

At first, I was ordering a ton of credit reports as I tried to hit the number I needed to qualify for my mortgage program.

There are services that offer frequent report pulls.

Message 6 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

My 3 scores have been frozen for a while too

Message 7 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Same here, MyFico's reporting is pretty slow and is very annoying when your trying to apply for a loan. I'm waiting for them to update my account so I can apply with confidence. Kind of disappointing for what I spend to keep this account.
Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.