Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Does NFCU LOC affect utilization?

tag
jonmartin
Regular Contributor

Does NFCU LOC affect utilization?

Does the NFCU Checkin LOC affect utilization? If it carries a high balance will that affect approvals for other cards? I'm confsued about that since its not a credit card but I've had it brought up to me once during a recon a while ago.

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Does NFCU LOC affect utilization?

@jonmartin wrote:

Does the NFCU Checkin LOC affect utilization? If it carries a high balance will that affect approvals for other cards? I'm confsued about that since its not a credit card but I've had it brought up to me once during a recon a while ago.

Yes it will affect utilization.  It's considered revolving credit just like your credit cards so any balances on it are the same as balances on them.

Message 2 of 3
takeshi74
Senior Contributor

Re: Does NFCU LOC affect utilization?

"Utilization" is generally used to mean revolving utilization.  Revolving utilzation includes all revolving accounts. Credit cards are just one type of revolver.  A LOC is a revolver as well.

@jonmartin wrote:

If it carries a high balance will that affect approvals for other cards?

High is subjective.  Let's take $1,000 as an example.  Is that high?  If the limit is $2,000 that's definitely high (50%).  If the limit is $20,000 it's not as high (5%).

What is its revolving utilization?  How does that impact your overall revolving utilization?

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.