cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Does Wrong Previous Address Signal Fraud?

tag
PDXBaby

Does Wrong Previous Address Signal Fraud?

I am trying to rebuild our credit and I noticed that there is a previous address on the other side of the country for my husband.  This is just three years ago.  When we investigated, it is the address of a very old ex-girlfriend,  I cannot imagine she would do anything fraudulent but I can't figure out why this would show up if she didn't use his social security.  Any thoughts?  Also, what can I do to figure out if his SS has been used by her. Other than that, I do not see anything out of the ordinary.

Thanks.

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Gunnar419
Valued Contributor

Re: Does Wrong Previous Address Signal Fraud?

It doesn't necessarily signal fraud. It could just be an honest mistake by the CRA. Maybe your husband used his old GF's address for something and doesn't even remember it now. I'd ask to have it removed and I'd monitor his credit, but unless you see unauthorized activity I wouldn't automatically assume its fraud.

Message 2 of 3
PDXBaby

Re: Does Wrong Previous Address Signal Fraud?

I could see that but I handle all the finances and I fill out all the paperwork.  This relationship was over 15 years ago and this address is listed only 3 years ago.  Plus this address is in an entirely different side of the country from where they lived.

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.