Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Does a PFD apply in this situation?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Does a PFD apply in this situation?

First off I would like to thank everyone on this forum.  Using the advice here I got my only late payment on my credit report removed for the cost of a stamp.  Now I am looking to kill the last bad guy on it, a bad debt.  Here is how it is listed on my report:

Credit Account Txuenergy Status as of January 2003

Balance: $0 - Current Status: Bad Debt/collection - Past Due: Amount Not on Record-

Strange thing is that I am pretty sure I paid this off since I had their service from 2005-2007, and they would of not signed me up unless I paid them.  Is this something I need to send a PFD or some type of letter to get this removed?  Anything I can do with this, or am I just SOL(not statue of limitations!)

Thanks in Advance

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
SmartCookie
Valued Contributor

Re: Does a PFD apply in this situation?

Get the full details on the account directly from the CRAs.  You need the DOFD/LA dates, unless that is on what you are looking at now.  Is there also any OC TL reporting as well?  Can you call them (OC) and see if you have any past due amounts or if they sold anything off?

No PFD yet.
What is your state's collecting SOL?
EQ 787 EX 781 TU 737 11/17/07 *** I am not an attorney. If I was, I might not clip coupons. If you want legal advice, consult an attorney. If you want my personal opinion, feel free to consider my posts***
Message 2 of 6
SmartCookie
Valued Contributor

Scratch that... it has a $0 balance.

Get the DOLA/DOFD info to see when it will drop.  This is a paid collection.  You might want to dispute it.. but first what dates are involved.
EQ 787 EX 781 TU 737 11/17/07 *** I am not an attorney. If I was, I might not clip coupons. If you want legal advice, consult an attorney. If you want my personal opinion, feel free to consider my posts***
Message 3 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

I am going to call them soon as I find their number for the credit dept.  It shows something about Jan 03, and don't really want to wait another year before it drops.  I am looking to buy another house within a year.
Message 4 of 6
SmartCookie
Valued Contributor

Don't call a CA, get the dates yourself from what is on your CBRs.  You might open a can of worms, and totally unnecessarily.

If what you pulled does not show anything related to DOLA or DOFD, either pay for direct reports with the CRAs or get your free FACTA reports.  They will have the date, and possibly the date it is due to drop as well.
Message 5 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks!
Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.