cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Does adding an AU count as an inquiry for the AU?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Does adding an AU count as an inquiry for the AU?

I'm trying to add my older brother to my AmEx Blue for Students since he was turned down for AmEx Clear (in June). He is trying to refinance the house and so he's already taken the AmEx Clear 'hard' inquiry hit, would this be advisable for me to add him as an AU? Would it count as another inquiry for him? His EQ FICO is 557 (we didn't know AmEx required excellent credit). He has also applied and was approved for an HSBC cc (this past June), so he'll have two 'hard' hits. I recently opened my account for Blue for Students in 2/07, and have a very short credit history (11months), but my TU FICO is 682 and EQ FICO is 696. I have a 4,500 limit on my AmEx, and his new HSBC CL is 1,000, so I thought it would help him if anything, to boost his score, before the loan decision is made. What are some insights on the best approach?
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Does adding an AU count as an inquiry for the AU?

it wont cost an inquiry to add him as an AU....whether it will help his score, will depend on how soon AU's no longer get the benefit of the tl....september for one cra, early next year for the other two, as i recall.
Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

thanks for your tips dog, and i enjoy reading your posts
Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

danke schoen, sophea. Smiley Happy
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.