Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Does an alert trigger a whole update?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Does an alert trigger a whole update?

I signed back up for MyFico on 3/15 and immediately before signing up I had TU EE some stuff for me which reflected in the 3B and I asked EX for the same EEs but not until afterward so they're still showing. My EX therefore hadn't updated since signing up because I had no real triggers until I app'd for Cap1. But when it alerted me it was only like a 3 pt increase from the inquiry. So when there's a trigger, does that cause the entire file to update with whatever changes have occurred since last update a reflect in the change? I'm assuming the 3 pt increase was a mixture of an increase from 1 collection & 2 COs being EE'd and a couple pt decrease from the inquiry itself. Is that how it works?
2 REPLIES 2
Officer737
Established Contributor

Re: Does an alert trigger a whole update?

An update to your file like a limit increase, a new inquiry, new account or anything negative will usually trigger an alert and when you check it it update your report as well. YMMV

Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Does an alert trigger a whole update?

@Anonymous wrote:
I'm assuming the 3 pt increase was a mixture of an increase from 1 collection & 2 COs being EE'd and a couple pt decrease from the inquiry itself. Is that how it works?

Yes. Only certain events trigger an alert, but when an alert is triggered, your current score is shown. This confuses a lot of people, as they quite naturally assume that the alert was fully responsible for the full change in the score. But you've got it figured out.

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.