Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Does any one know why I have an inquiry from Farley State Bank

tag
zarteycranford
Regular Contributor

Does any one know why I have an inquiry from Farley State Bank

I just got an alert from my Fico with TU pull from Farley State bank????????????

Message 1 of 16
15 REPLIES 15
ray8806
Regular Contributor

Re: Does any one know why I have an inquiry from Farley State Bank

If you didn't apply for credit there, I'd call and raise Cain. 

According to the FCRA, any lendors who perform unauthorized hard inquiries on someone's credit can be forced to pay a penalty to the consumer of up to $1,000. I'd call them and tell them that if they don't remove the inquiry immediately, you're gonna demand payment, report them to the Trade Commission, and your state's bank authority. I don't play with that kind of stuff. I already had to go that route with a bank and it ended up working nicely.

EQ: 710(FICO) EX: 695(FICO) TU: 708(FICO)
Message 2 of 16
takeshi74
Senior Contributor

How would we know?  We can't apply for credit for you.  We are not the creditor in question either.  Contact the creditor and find out.  If you didn't request credit from them then contact their fraud department.  Just make sure that they don't happen to service an account that you might have actually applied for.

Message 3 of 16
AndySoCal
Valued Contributor

Would Bank Libery mean anything to you?

If so please read https://www2.fdic.gov/idasp/confirmation_outside.asp?inCert1=19881

FICO Scores XPN v8 802 V2 831 (SDFCU) TUC 803 v8 EFX 807 (10/2023)
Discover 09/90 19,000, JCPenney 10/2008 4,700 US Bank Cash 12,000 Citibank Custom Cash 5/2015 11,100 State Dept. FCU 15,000 06/2023 , 02/2024 Redstone FCU Signature VISA 10,000 Banking: Ally Bank Credit Unions: Lafayette FCU Fortera FCU State Department FCU Pelican CU

Pelican State CU Redstone FCU

Message 4 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

It's a glitch in their system.  I had the same thing happen to me when I got my first TU alert from myfico.  So not knowing what was going on, I pulled all 3 reports.  It wasn't on any of them.  My suggestion to you is to pull Transunion just to be safe, but I would almost guarantee the pull will not show up on the actual TU report.  Luckily myfico gave me my money back for pulling the reports unneccesarily.

Message 5 of 16
SA-PC-KING

Hello,

This also happened to me and not sure who they are. I cant honestly find anything when looking them up on google or bing. 

I am going to dispute it and keep really close eye on credit report. 

Thank you,

Juan

Message 6 of 16
SA-PC-KING

Hello,

I was going to dispute this but when transunion provided their own report it wasnt listed. I'm going to call on Monday just to be safe.

Here is the info in case you want to call them too.

Should you wish to contact TransUnion, you may do so, By Mail:
TransUnion Consumer Relations
P.O. Box 2000
Chester, PA 19022-2000

By Phone:
(800) 916-8800(800) 916-8800
You may contact us between the hours of 8:00 a.m. and 11:00 p.m. Eastern Time, Monday through Friday, except major holidays.

For all correspondence, please have your TransUnion file number available (located at the top of this report).
Message 7 of 16
zarteycranford
Regular Contributor

Take it easy I was just wondering if anyone recognized this bank name. The problem is I have not applied for credit from any one. I was just trying to see if Farleys was an underwriter for another Bank. I curently have Dillards Amex and Meijers Mastercard wich are both switching to different banks. I was thinking that maybe one of them some how hard pulled my credit report using a different Bank to evaluate my credit prior to switching cards. And BTY we is a generalized statement you are not we you are you.

Message 8 of 16
coldnmn
Mega Contributor

@zarteycranford wrote:

Take it easy I was just wondering if anyone recognized this bank name. The problem is I have not applied for credit from any one. I was just trying to see if Farleys was an underwriter for another Bank. I curently have Dillards Amex and Meijers Mastercard wich are both switching to different banks. I was thinking that maybe one of them some how hard pulled my credit report using a different Bank to evaluate my credit prior to switching cards. And BTY we is a generalized statement you are not we you are you.

All they were trying to do is help you!

Discover IT $17k / US Bank Ace (VSig) $13.5K / US Bank Cash+ (VSig) $13.5k
Sam's Mastercard $15k / Walmart Mastercard $10k / Blispay $7.5k PayPal Ex MC $10.8k
CareCredit 5k / Husq $5k / Cap1 QS $4.5k / Barclay Ring $5.35k / Citi DC (WMC) $12k
Gardening Date 7/01/16 / MyFico 08: EQ 801 / TU 777 / EX 771 / 06/08/17
Message 9 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

@zarteycranford wrote:

You come here for help and then turn around and try to correct people? What an idiot... next time go get help elsewhere. Tired of seeing ungrateful people like YOU.

Message 10 of 16
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.