Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Does anyone have a sample of a debt validation letter,

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Does anyone have a sample of a debt validation letter,

and also i disputed some items that are wrong on my report but they came verified, but are still wrong, what should I do next.  this items were disputed previously twice before... please advise, thanks
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
SmartCookie
Valued Contributor

Re: Does anyone have a sample of a debt validation letter,

Debt Validation letters which go to CAs would be on the Frequently Requested Thread link here:  http://ficoforums.myfico.com/fico/board/message?board.id=generalcredit&thread.id=6834

For verified disputes on your CBRs, you would send the CRA an MOV letter. 
EQ 787 EX 781 TU 737 11/17/07 *** I am not an attorney. If I was, I might not clip coupons. If you want legal advice, consult an attorney. If you want my personal opinion, feel free to consider my posts***
Message 2 of 6
azsassycat
Frequent Contributor

I copied this from someone on this board . . . however, some people have stated that it's better to keep it simple.  Search for Noah_Bodie - there's a link for DV in his signature.

Cathleen

October 8, 2007

Collection Agency

123 Any Street

Any Town, USA 12345

****SENT VIA CERTIFIED MAIL***

Certified Mail No. 12341234123412341234

Re:  Collection Account #: 12341234

To Whom It May Concern:

This letter is being sent to you in response to an entry made on my TransUnion credit report dated October 3, 2007.  Be advised that this is not a refusal to pay, but a notice sent pursuant to the Fair Debt Collection Practices Act, 1: ) USC 1692g Sec. 809 (b) that your claim is disputed and validation is requested.

Under the Fair Debt Collections Practices Act, I have the right to request validation of the debt you say I owe you.  I am requesting proof that I am indeed the party you are asking to pay this debt, and there is some contractual obligation which is binding on me to pay this debt.  This is NOT a request for “verification” or proof of my mailing address, but a request for VALIDATION made pursuant to the above named Title and Section of the Fair Debt Collection Practices Act.

You should also be aware that reporting inaccurate and unsubstantiated information to a credit reporting agency might constitute fraud under federal law.  Additionally, you should also be aware that sending unsubstantiated demands for payment through the United States Mail System might constitute mail fraud under federal and state law.  Your legal staff will agree that compliance with this request is required under the laws of state and federal statutes.

In addition to the debt validation form below, please attach copies of:

1. Agreement with your client that grants you the authority to collect on this alleged debt, or proof of acquisition by purchase or assignment.

2. Agreement that bears the signature of the alleged debtor wherein he or she agreed to pay the creditor.

I require compliance with the terms and conditions of this letter within 30 days or a complete withdrawal, in writing, of any claim.  In the event of noncompliance, I reserve the right to file charges and/or complaints with appropriate county, state and federal authorities as well as the Better Business Bureau for violations of the FDCPA, FCRA, and federal and state statutes on fraudulent extortion.

I also hereby reserve my right to take private civil action against you to recover damages.

Sincerely,

Typed Name

123 Any Street

Any Town, USA 12345

10/22/07 (FICO) EQ 544 EX 520 TU 518
03/04/08 (FICO) EQ 606 EX 599 TU 601
04/24/08 (FICO) EQ 600 EX 580 TU 608
06/02/15 (FICO) EQ 578 EX 561 TU 589
Message 3 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

thank you again!!!!  i realrl appreciate the help, you are such a great help, ,i wish i seen this forum before, ....
Message 4 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

thank you. i will work on my letter asap. i need to bring my score up really fast, thaks for your help....
Message 5 of 6
SmartCookie
Valued Contributor

Welcome and good luck Cecilia!
EQ 787 EX 781 TU 737 11/17/07 *** I am not an attorney. If I was, I might not clip coupons. If you want legal advice, consult an attorney. If you want my personal opinion, feel free to consider my posts***
Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.