cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Does anyone have an example of a SoL Letter??

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Does anyone have an example of a SoL Letter??

I'm in the process of cleaning up old accounts off my report. Does anyone have an example of a SoL letter or tell me where I could find something ?
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Does anyone have an example of a SoL Letter??

SOL has nothing to do with getting something off your report that is CRTP.

Dispute the items in writing to the CRAs and you can use either obsolete or 'past credit reporting time period'  CRTP is 7-7.5 years (per FCRA)  - and the date can't change for any reason.  so check the drop off date on your reports (or will report until...) and that is when it should drop.

SOL here is 3 years across the board for credit (except promissory notes) - so I can be past SOL but still within CRTP for 4 more years.
Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Okay, I have two cc that have last activity on them of July 2001, so do I have to wait till July?? Thank you so much for the info.
Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Sometime between July and December (maybe sooner if using DOFD (Date of first deliquency) which I believe is the date mandated by FCRA.

DOFD is tricky if you were late and then brought the account cuurent it starts over...
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.