I use the free version from
credit.com
lending tree
Wise piggy
Credit karma
credit sesame
Cap 1

I buy the 3 report monitoring from myfico

The only one I have that you don't have on your list is Quizzle, which only gives their FAKO every 3 months.

I buy creditchecktotal.com for my 3 reporting monitoring.

Message 11 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Does anyone use Credit.com?

Hey I got Quizzle
I pretty much ignore it because they take so long to update

Lol
Message 12 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
Hey I got Quizzle
I pretty much ignore it because they take so long to update

Lol

Most of those sites are laughable - quizzle is no exception. I find CK the most helpful of them all because of the weekly 2 reports.

Message 13 of 17
Transmogrifying_Bee
Frequent Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Seems too good to be true.  Does anyone use their service? 

I've used credit.com for several years now.  A lot of people overlook that credit.com gives you TWO different credit scores each month:

1.  Their primary score, listed as "My Credit Score," is a FAKO score based on Experian's "National Equivalency Score" with a scale range of 360 - 840.

2.  Their "Other Score" is Experian's VantageScore 3.0 with a scale range of 350 - 850.  

Although not a true FICO score, VantageScores (3.0 version only) are becoming more common and have been marketed fairly aggressively the past year, from what I've seen. Correlations w FICO scores can be problematic, but I look at VS 3.0 as a useful credit score benchmark all by itself.  Several other popular "free" credit sites like Credit Karma and Credit Sesame have transitioned from FAKO to VS 3.0 scores in the past year.  

VantageScore 3.0 FREE credit score sites include:

1.  Credit.com  -  EX  (monthly)
2.  Credit Karma  -  both TU and EQ  (monthly)
3.  Credit Sesame  -  recently changed to TU  (monthly)
4.  Quizzle  -  EQ  (Free score every 6 months; monthly plans available for a fee.)
5.  Lending Tree  -  TU  (monthly)
6.  Capital One  -  TU  (monthly for Capital One customers)

Other FREE credit scores (NOT VantageScore 3.0) include:

7.  CITI  -  EQ FICO Bankcard Model 8 (score range 250 - 900)  (monthly scores for select CITI credit cards only)
8.  Mint.com  -  EQ "proprietary credit score"  (score range 280 - 850)
9.  Discover credit card customers  -  TU FICO Score 8  (monthly)
10.  Other credit cards like FNBO, Chase (Slate), Barclaycard, and Walmart have been discussed previously by others in this Forum.

*** SUMMARY:  Having just the Credit Karma and Credit.com sites will give you free, monthly credit scores (VS 3.0) for all 3 CRA's (EQ, EX and TU).

FICO Score 8: EQ 823 EX 817 TU 825 **** VantageScore 4.0: 825 **** VantageScore 3.0: EQ 823 EX 826 TU 825
TOTAL CL (6 cards): $141.0K **** INQUIRIES 2 yrs (1 yr): EQ 0(1) EX 0(0) TU 0(0) **** UTILIZ: 1 % **** GOAL: FICO Score 8: 840+
r>>
Amex BCE 30K || NASA FCU Rewards Visa 30K || Chase Sapphire Visa Signature 21.5K || PayPal Extras MC 20K
CITI Diamond Preferred MC 25.0K || Discover it 14.5K **** CLOSED 7 cards **** GARDENING since 9-26-2014
Message 14 of 17
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

@Transmogrifying_Bee wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

I've used credit.com for several years now.  A lot of people overlook that credit.com gives you TWO different credit scores each month:

1.  Their primary score, listed as "My Credit Score," is a FAKO score based on Experian's "National Equivalency Score" with a scale range of 360 - 840.

2.  Their "Other Score" is Experian's VantageScore 3.0 with a scale range of 350 - 850.  

Although not a true FICO score, VantageScores (3.0 version only) are becoming more common and have been marketed fairly aggressively the past year, from what I've seen. Correlations w FICO scores can be problematic, but I look at VS 3.0 as a useful credit score benchmark all by itself.  Several other popular "free" credit sites like Credit Karma and Credit Sesame have transitioned from FAKO to VS 3.0 scores in the past year.  

VantageScore 3.0 FREE credit score sites include:

1.  Credit.com  -  EX  (monthly)
2.  Credit Karma  -  both TU and EQ  (monthly)
3.  Credit Sesame  -  recently changed to TU  (monthly)
4.  Quizzle  -  EQ  (Free score every 6 months; monthly plans available for a fee.)
5.  Lending Tree  -  TU  (monthly)
6.  Capital One  -  TU  (monthly for Capital One customers)

Other FREE credit scores (NOT VantageScore 3.0) include:

7.  CITI  -  EQ FICO Bankcard Model 8 (score range 250 - 900)  (monthly scores for select CITI credit cards only)
8.  Mint.com  -  EQ "proprietary credit score"  (score range 280 - 850)
9.  Discover credit card customers  -  TU FICO Score 8  (monthly)
10.  Other credit cards like FNBO, Chase (Slate), Barclaycard, and Walmart have been discussed previously by others in this Forum.

*** SUMMARY:  Having just the Credit Karma and Credit.com sites will give you free, monthly credit scores (VS 3.0) for all 3 CRA's (EQ, EX and TU).

Good info, though CK has been weekly for a while and when did Cap 1 switch to Vantage as they were an educational score previously?  I may have missed that one Smiley Happy.

Use the sites for what they're good at, report access, and ignore the rest in my opinion.  FWIW I adore CK and think it's best in industry for free services, but I also use credit.com to get access to EX when I can / need.

I do keep lazy tabs on my VS 3.0, but until it's used by more lenders I don't worry about it overly much.  Course if a lender pulls that I am not going to complain as my VS 3.0 score is pretty: go go paid tax liens not counting apparently.

        
Message 15 of 17
DaveInAZ
Senior Contributor

>snip<

I did not know that. I just started using Credit.com. in March when Credit Sesame switched to TU and I closed it. CK already gave me great access to TU (and EQ), and as you mentioned a number of CCs give you TU and/or FICO, but I didn't have anything to monitor EX so I opened an account But I didn't know about the 2nd score Vantage 3.0. I just logged in and clicked Expanded View and there it is, with alot more detail on accounts than the Fako score. Thanks!.

Message 16 of 17
takeshi74
Senior Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

A lot of people do.  Nothing too good to be true about it.  Like many other sites they make money off of referrals and advertising.

@MidnightVoice wrote:

I use it.  Score is very similar to that which my bank pulled for a mortgage, and the price is much better than MyFICO!!

Keep in mind that coincidental != causal.  Do not rely on a score generated by one model to determine a score generated by a differnt model.  Different scoring models can be coincidentally close or even the same for a given case but that doesn't mean that they are always that close.

Although not a true FICO score, VantageScores (3.0 version only) are becoming more common and have been marketed fairly aggressively the past year, from what I've seen.

How common or marketed doesn't really matter.  How many creditors actually use them as the basis for credit decisions is what matters.

Message 17 of 17
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.