cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Does changing last name complicate credit card product changes?

tag
DONx88
Established Member

Does changing last name complicate credit card product changes?

In about 3 weeks I will be changing my last name for personal reasons by a court order. Will I encounter any issues on product changing 3 of my credit cards? Not sure if they treat product changes like applying for a new card.

I wanted to do the 3 product changes after my court hearing so they wouldn't have to send me 2 cards. Or should I just do the product changes now to avoid any hassles and after my hearing ask for replacement cards because of my last name change? 

Also when you product change what is your chances of asking and getting approved for a credit limit increase on the new card? One card has 9.5k and I want 12k and one card has 2.5k and want 5k. 

Amex Blue Cash Everyday 07/01 | Amex Starwood Preferred Guest Business 04/17 | BOA Cash Rewards Visa Sig 06/07 | Chase Freedom Visa Sig 12/13 | Chase Freedom Unlimited Visa Sig 07/13 | Chase Ink Business Cash Visa Sig 05/16 | Chase Ink Business Preferred Visa Sig 09/17 | Chase Sapphire Reserve Visa Inf 02/17 | Discover It 01/14 | IHG Rewards Club Select World MC 12/14
Message 1 of 1
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.