Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Does making payment on a loan re-age it?>

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Does making payment on a loan re-age it?>

Hello I am new to this all. I have a student loan for $6000 that is in default and was in collections. On the transunion report it says the projected date to be removed is 8/2009. I was recenly contacted by the CA and they offered me a settlement of $3000. I made payment on it. Since I made paid the loan does this re-age it? what I mean to ask is that will this still fall off my credit report in 8/2009 or because I made payment is it going to drop off seven years from todays date? Thanks!!
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Does making payment on a loan re-age it?>

You'll most likely get more responses behind this, but my understanding is that you have reset the date due to making a payment.  If you didn't PFD then you may be looking at this staying on your report for an additional 7 years.

Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

I know almost nothing about student loans. I do know that there are different types of SL.

If your CR says it will delete in 2009  it doesn't make a difference if you paid or not it WILL drop.

What you might have done is reset your SOL!!!!!
Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thunda, you can only reset CRTP   IF  you become current in your payments before it is CO  or closed.  DOFD doesn't change

BUT  any payment before or after DOFD  is DOLA and can reset SOL.....for states that go by DOLA
Message 4 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Student loans do not have a SOL-
So I would consder settling on it-
Get it in writting!!!!!!!!!!

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.