Your installment loans $4,509
Total number of
Accounts 17
Accounts with balances 3
Accounts opened in past year 0
Recent inquiries 1
Collections 0
Public Records 0

This is from TU and it is 719. This is my highest with EX 714 and EQ 695. No lates in 2+ years so I am trying to figure out if have stuff from 2+ years ago GW would really be worth it.
EX. 780 TU 794.
Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Does my score seem too high with all these Baddies

ronq wrote:
Credit At-A-Glance
Total past due Credit history Late payments
No accounts past due 18 Years 32
Total balance of
Your revolving accounts $569
Your mortgages $0
Total number of
Accounts 17
Accounts with balances 3
Recent inquiries 1
Collections 0
Public Records 0

This is from TU and it is 719. This is my highest with EX 714 and EQ 695. No lates in 2+ years so I am trying to figure out if have stuff from 2+ years ago GW would really be worth it.

are the scores FICO or FAKO?
Message 2 of 8
ronq
Regular Contributor

Those are all FICOs, my TC scores are lower.
EX. 780 TU 794.
Message 3 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

ronq wrote:
Those are all FICOs, my TC scores are lower.

Im guessing that all the late pmts go way back...scores are great  I would not bother with GW letters
Message 4 of 8
ronq
Regular Contributor

Most of my lates are from late 04 and early 05. mortgage, car, loan while I was trying to sell my house due to job relocation others are from just me being an idiot over the last 6-7 years. I am just curious what others with similar histories have. I was lucky that I had some older CC accounts that were from when I was really young. My CU CC has been late 3 times, but I had a Discover CC from 91 that I had forgotten about and it has never been late. I had to call and request a new card and after going back 4 addresses they believed that I was who I said I was. I also got a crap1 card on 05 and raised my CU CC from 1800 to 7500 this year. My average account age is 9 years so I know that helps. I only had my FAKOs when I started looking at my CR in 01/06 and my they were 601 and below. I now know that they were lower than my FICO, but I had to learn that by taking an INQ until I found MyFico. I requested a mortgage pre-approval and the guy gave me my sore in 03/07 and told me it was ok don't worry about it since my middle FICO was 662. I found this site a couple of months later and stared really working on my score by dropping my UTL it really makes a big difference.
EX. 780 TU 794.
Message 5 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

ronq wrote:
Most of my lates are from late 04 and early 05. mortgage, car, loan while I was trying to sell my house due to job relocation others are from just me being an idiot over the last 6-7 years. I am just curious what others with similar histories have. I was lucky that I had some older CC accounts that were from when I was really young. My CU CC has been late 3 times, but I had a Discover CC from 91 that I had forgotten about and it has never been late. I had to call and request a new card and after going back 4 addresses they believed that I was who I said I was. I also got a crap1 card on 05 and raised my CU CC from 1800 to 7500 this year. My average account age is 9 years so I know that helps. I only had my FAKOs when I started looking at my CR in 01/06 and my they were 601 and below. I now know that they were lower than my FICO, but I had to learn that by taking an INQ until I found MyFico. I requested a mortgage pre-approval and the guy gave me my sore in 03/07 and told me it was ok don't worry about it since my middle FICO was 662. I found this site a couple of months later and stared really working on my score by dropping my UTL it really makes a big difference.

I started working on mine & DH scores june 2007. DH FICO was 619......no lates or derog. of any kind.He had high UTIL so I opened new CC for him. scores went up to 688 & now are coming down which I knew would happen. I figure that it should hit 700 in 2 more months. Have to wait for all CC to report payments & changes (2-3months)

CC have the highest impack on scores, UTIL. When applying for a car loan or mortgage, it is more then scores that count.

Message Edited by HappyDays on 08-22-2007 03:51 PM
Message 6 of 8
ronq
Regular Contributor

that's true about scores, but that is so important to your interest rates on any credit. The mortgage guy i talked to is from the Kansas City, MO area(actually he on the Kansas Side) and he was very helpful and has a forum where he answers questions about mortgages His name is Mike Warsop and you can google him. I meet him while I was living in KC. I have great DTI about 5% at most, but I don't want a higher interest rate because of my score, so after working on it I have dropped the interest rate on all of my CCs and my insurance actually dropped.
EX. 780 TU 794.
Message 7 of 8
fused
Moderator Emeritus

ronq wrote:
Credit At-A-Glance
Total past due Credit history Late payments
No accounts past due 18 Years 32
Total balance of
Your revolving accounts $569
Your mortgages $0
Total number of
Accounts 17
Accounts with balances 3
Recent inquiries 1
Collections 0
Public Records 0

No I am not surprised by your scores. Lates that are older than two years have less of a negative effect on your scores. Does this mean you shouldn't try GW letters, no way! Go for it, you have nothing to lose.
Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.